Esperyd?s Raspberry PI project


MASSIVE restock of EV Batteries at www.batteryhookup.com 5% coupon "POWERWALLS"

daromer

Moderator
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
5,662
altide Have you checked via phone or computer the AP it creates and configured it there?
 

Lagachette

New member
Joined
Nov 28, 2018
Messages
21
altide8 said:
Im using a raspberry pi 3 b (not plus) and I installed v8 from the website. I cant get the WiFi networks to show up. I get no wireless interface found has anyone ran into this?

Connect your raspberry with RJ45.
Get the raspberry IP.
Enter the raspberry IP in your browser, you will get a page to configure your wireless connection.
 

daromer

Moderator
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
5,662
He gets that because he have not connected to its AP that autostarts. If he does that it will work just fine.
 

daromer

Moderator
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
5,662
Did you enable it? Most common is that people havent enable mqtt output ;)
 

eprom2000

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
10
daromer said:
Did you enable it? Most common is that people havent enable mqtt output ;)


no, that's why I have no exit mqtt

how does it turn on?

in WEdmin I don't see anything
 

daromer

Moderator
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
5,662
Sorry if I confused you. Solar sis sends the data to InfluxDB. WatchmonUDPListener does MQTT.


solar-sis have not gotten that part fully coded so feel free to add it.
 

eprom2000

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
10
daromer said:
Sorry if I confused you. Solar sis sends the data to InfluxDB. WatchmonUDPListener does MQTT.


solar-sis have not gotten that part fully coded so feel free to add it.

ohhh :(, nothing happens, thanks for your time
I'm close to getting with
node red

SELECT mean("pv_input_voltage_1") *mean("pv_input_current_for_battery") FROM "pip_query_general_status" WHERE time > now() - 5m GROUP BY time(2s) fill(null) .....mqtt
 

daromer

Moderator
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
5,662
Node red can read out the values yes. I actually do that for some parts.
 

eprom2000

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
10
I have got it

I can already see pip4048in domoticz

if anyone is interested I am willing to help
 

Lagachette

New member
Joined
Nov 28, 2018
Messages
21
FrnanduMarti?ski said:
SiverNodashi said:
daromer said:
Solar-sis you can define the commands in the config file. You then use the API to poke the system to do certain things.

Hi,

How do you "poke the API"? i.e. how do you access the API?

like I wrote above (check what port you have configured, mine is 3001, adjust accordingly):

curl http://localhost:3001/output_source_priority?source=00

curl http://localhost:3001/utility_max_charging?current=10
I tried the commands and I get this error

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<body>
<pre>Internal Server Error</pre>
</body>
</html>

Any idea ?
 

Nibor

New member
Joined
Oct 30, 2017
Messages
12
Hello,
What a great project to read out the Inverters with a Rasp Pi.
But I do need some help... I'm using a Rasp Pi 3B. And I'm using the image V8. I also use a USB to serial converter. When I fire upterminal and input the command "/energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084 $ sudo systemctl status solar" I get the following output. My question is, should "Loaded: loaded (/etc/system/solar_pip.service; disabled) not be set to "enabled"? And how do I get this set to "enabled


pi@grafpi /energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084 $ sudo systemctl status solar_pip.service -l
? solar_pip.service - PIP4048 inverter
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/solar_pip.service; disabled)
Active: active (running) since Fri 2020-01-10 21:27:51 CET; 57s ago
Main PID: 2747 (node)
CGroup: /system.slice/solar_pip.service
??2747 /usr/bin/node /energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084/project.js

Jan 10 21:28:45 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:45] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/general_status
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND query/device_rated_information
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND_RAW [{"type":"Buffer","data":[81,80,73,82,73,248,84,13]}]
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED_RAW Data: (NAKss Length: 6
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/device_rated_information
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info influx:SEND pip_query_device_rated_information grid_rating_voltage=NaN,grid_rating_current=NaN,ac_output_rating_voltage=NaN,ac_output_rating_frecuency=NaN,ac_output_rating_current=NaN,ac_output_rating_apparent_power=NaN,ac_output_rating_active_power=NaN,battery_rating_voltage=NaN,battery_recharge_voltage=NaN,battery_under_voltage=NaN,battery_bulk_voltage=NaN,battery_float_voltage=NaN,battery_type=NaN,current_max_ac_charging=NaN,current_max_charging_current=NaN,input_voltage_range=NaN,output_source_priority=NaN,charger_source_priority=NaN,parallel_max_num=NaN,machine_type=NaN,topology=NaN,output_mode=NaN,battery_re_discharge_voltage=NaN,pv_condition=NaN,pv_power_balance=NaN
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND query/general_status
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND_RAW [{"type":"Buffer","data":[81,80,73,71,83,183,169,13]}]
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED_RAW Data: (NAKss Length: 6
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/general_status
 
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
101
Nibor said:
Hello,
What a great project to read out the Inverters with a Rasp Pi.
But I do need some help... I'm using a Rasp Pi 3B. And I'm using the image V8. I also use a USB to serial converter. When I fire upterminal and input the command "/energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084 $ sudo systemctl status solar" I get the following output. My question is, should "Loaded: loaded (/etc/system/solar_pip.service; disabled) not be set to "enabled"? And how do I get this set to "enabled


pi@grafpi /energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084 $ sudo systemctl status solar_pip.service -l
? solar_pip.service - PIP4048 inverter
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/solar_pip.service; disabled)
Active: active (running) since Fri 2020-01-10 21:27:51 CET; 57s ago
Main PID: 2747 (node)
CGroup: /system.slice/solar_pip.service
??2747 /usr/bin/node /energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084/project.js

Jan 10 21:28:45 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:45] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/general_status
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND query/device_rated_information
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND_RAW [{"type":"Buffer","data":[81,80,73,82,73,248,84,13]}]
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED_RAW Data: (NAKss Length: 6
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/device_rated_information
Jan 10 21:28:46 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:46] info influx:SEND pip_query_device_rated_information grid_rating_voltage=NaN,grid_rating_current=NaN,ac_output_rating_voltage=NaN,ac_output_rating_frecuency=NaN,ac_output_rating_current=NaN,ac_output_rating_apparent_power=NaN,ac_output_rating_active_power=NaN,battery_rating_voltage=NaN,battery_recharge_voltage=NaN,battery_under_voltage=NaN,battery_bulk_voltage=NaN,battery_float_voltage=NaN,battery_type=NaN,current_max_ac_charging=NaN,current_max_charging_current=NaN,input_voltage_range=NaN,output_source_priority=NaN,charger_source_priority=NaN,parallel_max_num=NaN,machine_type=NaN,topology=NaN,output_mode=NaN,battery_re_discharge_voltage=NaN,pv_condition=NaN,pv_power_balance=NaN
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND query/general_status
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND_RAW [{"type":"Buffer","data":[81,80,73,71,83,183,169,13]}]
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED_RAW Data: (NAKss Length: 6
Jan 10 21:28:48 grafpi solar_pip[2747]: [2020-01-10 21:28:48] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/general_status

try:

sudo systemctl enable solar_pip
 

Nibor

New member
Joined
Oct 30, 2017
Messages
12
I started solar_pip.service with "sudo systemctl enable solar_pip".
With "sudo systemctl enable solar_pip.service -l" I see that there is a connection from my Rasp pi 3b to my MPP hybrid Inverter 3 KW. However, I do not see any measured values.
What should I do to visualize the values of the MPP inverter with "sudo systemctl status solar_pip.service -l"

Code:
pi@grafpi /energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084 $ sudo systemctl status solar_pip.service -l
? solar_pip.service - PIP4048 inverter
  Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/solar_pip.service; enabled)
  Active: active (running) since Sat 2020-01-11 00:17:03 CET; 11h ago
 Main PID: 462 (node)
  CGroup: /system.slice/solar_pip.service
      ??462 /usr/bin/node /energy-logger/solar-sis/example/PIP4084/project.js

Jan 11 11:30:12 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:12] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/general_status
Jan 11 11:30:14 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:14] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND query/device_rated_information
Jan 11 11:30:14 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:14] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND_RAW [{"type":"Buffer","data":[81,80,73,82,73,248,84,13]}]
Jan 11 11:30:14 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:14] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED_RAW Data: (NAKss Length: 6
Jan 11 11:30:14 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:14] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/device_rated_information
Jan 11 11:30:14 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:14] info influx:SEND pip_query_device_rated_information grid_rating_voltage=NaN,grid_rating_current=NaN,ac_output_rating_voltage=NaN,ac_output_rating_frecuency=NaN,ac_output_rating_current=NaN,ac_output_rating_apparent_power=NaN,ac_output_rating_active_power=NaN,battery_rating_voltage=NaN,battery_recharge_voltage=NaN,battery_under_voltage=NaN,battery_bulk_voltage=NaN,battery_float_voltage=NaN,battery_type=NaN,current_max_ac_charging=NaN,current_max_charging_current=NaN,input_voltage_range=NaN,output_source_priority=NaN,charger_source_priority=NaN,parallel_max_num=NaN,machine_type=NaN,topology=NaN,output_mode=NaN,battery_re_discharge_voltage=NaN,pv_condition=NaN,pv_power_balance=NaN
Jan 11 11:30:14 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:14] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND query/general_status
Jan 11 11:30:14 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:14] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:SEND_RAW [{"type":"Buffer","data":[81,80,73,71,83,183,169,13]}]
Jan 11 11:30:15 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:15] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED_RAW Data: (NAKss Length: 6
Jan 11 11:30:15 grafpi solar_pip[462]: [2020-01-11 11:30:15] info serial:/dev/ttyUSB0:RECIVED query/general_status
 

daromer

Moderator
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
5,662
Your log above indicates that the software do not have Contact with the inverter. IF it would have had that it would have container values.

Either wrong port configured or the Serial adaptor doesnt work
 

Nibor

New member
Joined
Oct 30, 2017
Messages
12
daromer said:
Your log above indicates that the software do not have Contact with the inverter. IF it would have had that it would have container values.

Either wrong port configured or the Serial adaptor doesnt work
Thanks for the info daromer. I'm not very experienced with RS232 communication.

A little help I'd really appreciate.

I attached an USB to RS232 converter to the Raspi 3B. The USB to RS232 is recognized and on port ttyUSB0


Code:
pi@grafpi ~ $ dmesg | egrep --color 'serial|ttyUSB0'
[  0.000000] Kernel command line: 8250.nr_uarts=1 bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1824 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=984 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3dc00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x3f000000 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=c06231d1-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles
[  0.085896] uart-pl011 3f201000.serial: could not find pctldev for node /soc/gpio@7e200000/uart0_pins, deferring probe
[  0.336402] bcm2835-aux-uart 3f215040.serial: could not get clk: -517
[  0.820379] 3f201000.serial: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0x3f201000 (irq = 87, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
[  0.821970] 3f215040.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x0 (irq = 220, base_baud = 31250000) is a 16550
[  4.498460] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
[  4.498781] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
[  4.498878] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
[  4.501574] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for MCT U232
[  4.502878] usb 1-1.2: MCT U232 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
pi@grafpi ~ $

I used "Minicom" for the USB to RS232 converter. This are the settings.
Code:
A -  Serial Device   : /dev/ttyUSB0               |
  | B - Lockfile Location   : /var/lock                 |
  | C -  Callin Program   :                      |
  | D - Callout Program   :                      |
  | E -  Bps/Par/Bits    : 115200 8N1                |
  | F - Hardware Flow Control : Yes                    |
  | G - Software Flow Control : No

Hope this settings are correct?

Is there a easy way to test the rs232 connection in Rasp pi to my MPP Hybrid Inverter 3KW.
For example in "terminal" to send and receive some information from the MPP so that I can check or this connection works.

Thanks in advance
 

Nibor

New member
Joined
Oct 30, 2017
Messages
12
I tried program from " https://github.com/manio/skymax-demo"

With this program I can connect to the MPP inverter 3KW
The Leds TX and RX from the USB to serial converter are blinking now.

The output from skymax-demo is:

Code:
/dev/ttyS0 if you have a serial device,
#   /dev/ttyUSB0 if a USB<>Serial,
#   /dev/hidraw0 if you're connecting via the USB port on the inverter.

device=/dev/ttyUSB0

Mon Jan 13 20:35:42 2020 INVERTER: Current CRC: B4 DA
Mon Jan 13 20:35:42 2020 INVERTER: QPIWS reply size (36 bytes)
Mon Jan 13 20:35:42 2020 INVERTER: QPIWS: incorrect start/stop bytes. Buffer: s
(NAK
s
(NAKss
(NAK

But what do I wrong wen I use the image raspv8.rar, with this image the USB to serial Rx signal is not blinking?

Someone any suggestions
 

Chris-R

New member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
1
Hi Daromer
I have 5 x 10kw 3-phase inverters blown. Similar to yours.
I believe you have fixed the problem.
Can we chat about it?
Also understand you have a video available?

PLEASE HELP
Chris-R
 

daromer

Moderator
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
5,662
Nibor most likely because My software cant talk to the device.

Chris r i bought new boards from mpp for 900usd...........

Go victron? ;)
 
Top