Im still processing everything i have at home. I did have some time to spare today so had time to edit 3 videos! First one was uploaded today and it was how i actually installed the Longmons from Batrium onto the Valence packs:
Im currently processing the 4th row of the LiFePo4 batteries and hope to have that done within 1.5week.
Meanwhile i have started to actually process my Laptop packs too. I do have 3*14s80p already packed together meanwhile one of those strings are soldered with fuses. I have still not figured out how to mount them in the racks but my plan is to do some kind of shelves that can be pulled in and out. Almost like the ones some other people have done. Though i need to find those rollers somewhere... Hmm.. Perhaps i end up with normal shelves that i stick them into.
I also need to start working on getting the main bank in its own room to stabilize the temperature.
This coming week i hope to get out several videos. Lets see about that.
Its time for a short update. Perhaps not so much images and videos today but still i wanted to give some just base points.
Done so far:
* All LiFePo4 batteries have now landed and that is >70kWh.
* I have 3*14s80p Laptop batteris ready now in cell holders. (Have taken almost 1.5 year to collect...)
* Another 35 panels have arrived. (Note that Im not going to use all but some will be used in side projects)
* Install some more panels. Goal is 17kW on the roof in total to cover winter somewhat.
* Install last 12 packs of LiFePo4
* Rebuild the place where my inverter is to accomodate some more gear and get it nicer.
* Build the shelfs for the Laptop cells
* Install the Laptop cells.... Finally
* Get sparky over to move the incoming grid connection so i can feed the whole house easier
* Do some Batrium <-> MPP stuff work so i can control the MPP inverters/chargers to work with the Batrium stuff
* Build some panels so i easily can maintain the battery banks.
Cabling for the Batrium. Its alot of stuff to get into them but damn it have been working nice since i got it there. Some parts is worth waiting for!
Time to build a panel that i can disconect/connect the LiFePo4 bank easily... Yes the switches are only 12/24V rated (If im not mistaken)(Bla bla may not be approved bla bla )
Yes i have gone Batrium route and not done much on my own. So why?
Because after looking into their system i found out that it was damn close to what i was designing. The funny part is that only some small things did differ... And the price was so close to what i was going to get mine made up for.
Right now the sun have arrived where i live. So last month i did produce 1000kWh!! So that feels real good!
If you have any suggestions on what part you think i should do more videos about. (Should be related to my system in some way or another so i can show it in practice)
Have wired up last 12 Valence packs and I am top balancing them right now to be inserted. Since the LiFe have flat curve i need to do this or else i have to balance with 1A for 4 hours per day for several weeks to get it done
Im currently pushing in 30A in every pack so it takes 2-3 hours per pack to get them topped up from current resting state.
56 more longmons to be installed... (Almost. Some are spares)
Last batteries arrived
More packs being Batrium'ed
This main bank can now deliver almost 4000A in burst and 2000A in continuous mode.. That's more than enough!
Update video is coming regarding this and also video about installing last 12 batteries. It has just been so much ongoing that haven't been worth video tape nor had the time to.