My Wall of Power

hbpowerwall

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 7, 2016
Messages
1,912
i like it a_lot!
 

AZ_Tekkie

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
182
image_pvogss.jpg

image_qribmu.jpg


Just about done. Pack 2.0 balanced and ready for installation. Going from a 2kwh pack to a 5.5kwh. More photos to come once mounted.
 

AZ_Tekkie

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
182

Korishan

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 7, 2017
Messages
6,401
Very nice design. :)
 

AZ_Tekkie

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
182
And we're live. Made one design flaw though, the batteries stick out further than i anticipated and interfer with the door on the cabinet closing and locking. I'll have to do some slight fabrication to the door to get it back in working order.


image_fnvflf.jpg

image_gdwlgo.jpg
 

Scepterr

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2017
Messages
234
Looks great, nice work. You're not worried about the bottom mount? Its quite a bit of weight it's holding.
 

AZ_Tekkie

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
182
Scepterr said:
Looks great, nice work. You're not worried about the bottom mount? Its quite a bit of weight it's holding.

They're quite strong. I bet if i screwed two of them to the wall i could hang off them and i'm quite heavy. ;)
 

Robert Baumer

Member
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
144
I love the pack design, this is why I look at what everyone else has done. Those fuses look nice and the dedicated bus bar to each row looks great!
 

Robert Baumer

Member
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
144
AZ_Tekkie said:
Daggerzz said:
That is very cool! What are the fuses you used?

Here's a link to where i bought:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/200...3854.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.13.vatY8S

Here's a link of AveRage Joe testing them:

I really like those glass fuses, the only thing we have available in the states are much larger bulkier fuses. I tried to buy from that website, but they want me to confirm my credit card with a ID, copy of the card, and a recent statement.... are they on crack.... that screams hack me..... Do you know a more secure way????? I prefer Pay Pal.
 

Korishan

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 7, 2017
Messages
6,401
I agree with not giving out all that information to purchase. But, just like we want to make sure we aren't buying from a fake seller, they are wanting to make sure they don't sell to a fake buyer (but still a little extreme with required info)

I did find an alternative:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-Glas...027012?hash=item43bdaccbc4:g:bwoAAOxyY3ZR32wV


Though, I don't know if they will react in exactly the same way as the other glass fuses. For some reason, I can't quite find the ones listed on aliexpress. I also didn't find them on Banggood. Maybe there's another name they are under.
 

AZ_Tekkie

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
182
1958greyhound said:
Did you have to get permits to put the solar panels up?

technically no, but shhh, my grid tie system is permitted.
 

AZ_Tekkie

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
182
1958greyhound said:
What kind of hoops did they make you jump thru to grid tie ? Or was it a factory install ?

Was done by vivint so they did all that.
 

Robert Baumer

Member
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
144
Korishan said:
I agree with not giving out all that information to purchase. But, just like we want to make sure we aren't buying from a fake seller, they are wanting to make sure they don't sell to a fake buyer (but still a little extreme with required info)

I did find an alternative:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-Glas...027012?hash=item43bdaccbc4:g:bwoAAOxyY3ZR32wV


Though, I don't know if they will react in exactly the same way as the other glass fuses. For some reason, I can't quite find the ones listed on aliexpress. I also didn't find them on Banggood. Maybe there's another name they are under.

Yes, I like the solid glass ones better. Average Joe responded to me and said that he bought them from AliExpress. I want to see what other payment options they have, I have already been signed up with myIDcare as I was one of the 20 million folks who had their security clearance information stolen from the Office of Budget Management. I wonder if anyone else has gone through the anal probe with AliExpress of is it they can not properly get to my info.
 

AZ_Tekkie

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
182
RobertBaumer said:
Korishan said:
I agree with not giving out all that information to purchase. But, just like we want to make sure we aren't buying from a fake seller, they are wanting to make sure they don't sell to a fake buyer (but still a little extreme with required info)

I did find an alternative:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-Glas...027012?hash=item43bdaccbc4:g:bwoAAOxyY3ZR32wV


Though, I don't know if they will react in exactly the same way as the other glass fuses. For some reason, I can't quite find the ones listed on aliexpress. I also didn't find them on Banggood. Maybe there's another name they are under.

Yes, I like the solid glass ones better. Average Joe responded to me and said that he bought them from AliExpress. I want to see what other payment options they have, I have already been signed up with myIDcare as I was one of the 20 million folks who had their security clearance information stolen from the Office of Budget Management. I wonder if anyone else has gone through the anal probe with AliExpress of is it they can not properly get to my info.

i've had my aliexpress account for a while, don't remember having to go through everything that other are having to do now. Maybe i was just lucky.
 

PaulKennett

Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
87
AZ_Tekkie said:
RobertBaumer said:
Korishan said:
I agree with not giving out all that information to purchase. But, just like we want to make sure we aren't buying from a fake seller, they are wanting to make sure they don't sell to a fake buyer (but still a little extreme with required info)

I did find an alternative:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-Glas...027012?hash=item43bdaccbc4:g:bwoAAOxyY3ZR32wV


Though, I don't know if they will react in exactly the same way as the other glass fuses. For some reason, I can't quite find the ones listed on aliexpress. I also didn't find them on Banggood. Maybe there's another name they are under.

Yes, I like the solid glass ones better. Average Joe responded to me and said that he bought them from AliExpress. I want to see what other payment options they have, I have already been signed up with myIDcare as I was one of the 20 million folks who had their security clearance information stolen from the Office of Budget Management. I wonder if anyone else has gone through the anal probe with AliExpress of is it they can not properly get to my info.

i've had my aliexpress account for a while, don't remember having to go through everything that other are having to do now. Maybe i was just lucky.

I've been buying from Aliexpress (and Alibaba befroe that). Didn't have any weird checks. Odd!

Cheers, Paul
 

Wattsup

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2017
Messages
517
I only joined Ali about a month ago when I ordered the axial fuses. Again, no weird checks received the order within a couple of weeks
 
Top