LEAF Solar-roof-to battery

reneek

Hey,

I but solar panels on my 2012 LEaf 2020 july,
[img=500x191]https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...400cbad8cc44584036531f128c2&oe=5FD2505F[/img]
On The leaf roof fiting tottaly 400W panels, right now I dont have yet one 100Wpanael, it is waiting to buy.

interested to put solar directly to tractionbattery, Right now I use 12V 300W solarsystem to charge 204Ah battery in my car trunk, and 12V PTC heating element each blower hole in dash.
300W solar give me 5...7 aditional km in sunny days, it sharges 204Ah battery and car dont use DCDC converter to charge little 12V battery from big battery, and therewhore I can drive longer, also, if car parked all day, the 12V battery is full and again, if starting drive, car not charging from traction battery.

I interseted connection diagram for AZE0 batteri HV heating connector to need some inside feed to battery from solar 12 to 390V DC/DC converter to charge battery directly!
LeafBattery1.jpg

Here lover is HV Heating connector, but I need schematics to!
I need battery inside schematics - where HV heating connection is exactly connected?
[img=500x375]
My Leaf is bloked use of Heating owen, and I put 12V PTC 150Wheaters on venting holes

Renee
2012 AZ0 japanis LEAF 467800 km
Major changes:
electronics cooling water from ventilation going to cabin HEATING matriks
every wenting hole with 12V 200W PTC heater - ftom 12V additional battery and heater regulation:
No traction battery energy to cabin heating -anymore!
300W Solar panels on car - energy to 12V addidtional battery.

I always liked this idea because most of the time the car is sitting in a hot parking lot at work. I always thought about mounting a retractable solar roof that pulls out over the front windshield and hood of the car, creating a total shade over the car.

Saw this video before

This texan did a ghetto job by whacking together some cheap renology solar stuff and powered it through an inverter charging it directly through the regular charging port. Claims to get 10 miles out of it.

I just noticed he updated a new video showing he made a retractable panel heh.

Does charging the 12V battery on the leaf automatically get the main HV battery charged?

not2bme said:
I always liked this idea because most of the time the car is sitting in a hot parking lot at work. I always thought about mounting a retractable solar roof that pulls out over the front windshield and hood of the car, creating a total shade over the car.

Saw this video before

This texan did a ghetto job by whacking together some cheap renology solar stuff and powered it through an inverter charging it directly through the regular charging port. Claims to get 10 miles out of it.

I just noticed he updated a new video showing he made a retractable panel heh.

Does charging the 12V battery on the leaf automatically get the main HV battery charged?
My favorite Nissan Leaf battery extender - he hooked it directly into the main Leaf battery system.... (and one could hook charging as well)
Part1 -https://youtu.be/ckrhref5V-c
Part2 -https://youtu.be/Dd0qeoDwEmY *At around 6:30 of this one, he talks about the Leaf shunt / hookup.

No, I have DCDC converter, but I dont have LEAD IN TO Battery - to push 12v DC/DC 400V -> battery, I want use HEATING out lead for this!

in starting car: without sun, car takes and charging 14,4V to 12V bateery, to compensate needed elektricity when car not in connected cable, and uses 200..300Wh energy!
but
in car starting: 12V sys pattery is full, then car do not take 300Wh - this Give 2..3km more range + in driving in SUNNY day, DC/DC converter not used at all - this Give 2..3 km more range! 2,5+2,5 =5km

When I but last 100W panel, then in summer I have more than 12V needed and I need but energy to big driving battery <- for that I need schematics or Your solar insener comptenses - Who opened 30..40kW leaf batterys - better pictures from connections!

Now we have cold, and I use 12V + another 12V battery to heat cabin, and I can drive same distance like summer!

I made many needed changes to 2012 LEAF:

1. first was heating potensiometer - to chooose how hard heater running!
2. 2012 Leaf have diferent water heating and water cooling system, I added them toghether - and no cooling dosent going wasted - cooling water goes true cabin heater bloc and all heat, that befoore get wasted in front radiator all going to cabin - all slow- and fast-charging heat, and cabin is 10*C degrees warmer than outside!
in summer I open fron radiator ventil, and heat goes outside, in cold times all heat goes to inside cabin - You can this make only alder leafs, newr LEAFs dosent have water heating radiator inside cabin to catch wasted heat!
3. 12V PTC heaters in every cabin ventilation hole - 800W direct heating - every hole have its own switch+ additional 204Ah battery in trunc - wiht separating switch wrom car main 12V system to only heating
4. Solar batterys to heating battery!
and now I can drive in winter 26km more than other LEAFs!

but my end wish is get in summer in parkinglot som 16km additional km to driving battery! therewhore I need this newer LEAF battery inside pictures or schematics!
I cant find them!!!

Back