Flat Laptop batteries repair (pouch )

Rifai

Hey,
I have and HP Envy laptop with an internal flat battery that won't charge. I reached the battery and removed that black cover with aluminum sheet. Now i can see 4 Pouches (flat lithium batteries) i tested the voltages of these batteries and found that all of them have a voltage near 3.7V except for one that have a 2.4 battery. I charged this battery by hooking it- while still connected to the BMS- to my IMAX charger and charged it till 3.8V.

I Plugged it in to the laptop but it's not charging.

I surfed the internet but i couldn't find anyone working on these flat batteries.

Any idea how to salvage this battery?

Rifai said:
Hey,
I have and HP Envy laptop with an internal flat battery that won't charge. I reached the battery and removed that black cover with aluminum sheet. Now i can see 4 Pouches (flat lithium batteries) i tested the voltages of these batteries and found that all of them have a voltage near 3.7V except for one that have a 2.4 battery. I charged this battery by hooking it- while still connected to the BMS- to my IMAX charger and charged it till 3.8V.

I Plugged it in to the laptop but it's not charging.

I surfed the internet but i couldn't find anyone working on these flat batteries.

Any idea how to salvage this battery?
The BMS might be bad. Does the laptop work without the battery installed. If not, there might be other issues.

If you can, make sure all the batteries are balanced to 3.8V for all of them, then disconnect the entire thing from the BMS and then hook into the BMS. Sometimes the BMS triggers a fault and never resets since it assumes the pack is now bad and should never be used. So hopefully when you power down the BMS it 'forgets' that it was in fault mode, starts up and sees all the cells at 3.8V and think everything is ok again. Other times the BMS might save the fault setting in the eeprom so if that's the case you're kinda screwed.

Back