Panasonic CGR18650CG Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Panasonic
Model:CGR18650CG
Capacity:2250mAh Rated
Voltage:3.60V Nominal
Charging:4.20V Maximum
1500mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
Discharging:3.00V Cutoff
430mA Standard
4330mA Maximum
Description:Green (Light) Cell Wrapper
White Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
http://www.meircell.co.il/files/Panasonic CGR18650CG.pdf

Pictures:

image_slciys.jpg

image_frjmfa.jpg

Just had a strange experience with these cells.

One of my cellbanks 112p was indicated low by my Batrium, so I swapped in another cellbank.

ICharger reported 182 Ah cap, (should be 250)???

Desoldered all fuses on the positive side and found that 24 of these cells were zero volts which were the number mounted. ?? Seems that they had committed collective suicide.
What I, so far have checked of theRemaining 88cells of various makes and models, seems to beOK.

Think I will have to inspect my other cell banks to see if any more of these cells are mounted and if they are OK.

ChrisD

It would be interesting to find out what the IR of these cells is or was.
My findings on any CGR******* Panasonic cells is anything >65m? (AC Impedance, 1000 Hz 4 wire kelvin as per manufacturer) is suspect to SD and degradation.

Wolf

Update data sheet

The first post link has expired

Attachments

• Panasonic CGR18650CG.pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 4,704
If You accidentally charge these cells in sub-zero temps, this is what they do. Last spring I had 42 cells that just stopped working.

i have a few that tested fine 2 years ago.
they were in a case with a flashlight and forgotten.
they were fully charged at that time.i did a check to see how much if any degredation had occurred.
they were both at 4.15v and ir around 50mohm.
i topped them which took little time.
at a 1a load on the triton they stay around 4.05 a while like a good cell will.
about 30 min later get the discharge end tones.
about 300mah.rest a while and do it again with similar results.
passivation?
i will discharge slowly to get em empty and see if its reversible.
if i read the code correctly they are 2009 12 19
so dec 19 2009
9z19

I have about 20 of these in the 2000-2199mAh capacity with IR between 40-49mOhm.
And another 50 in the 2100-2199mAh range with IR again 40-49mOhm.

Could anybody tell if it's safe to use it for vaping? I just got 6 of them from a laptop battery and i wouldn't just toss them away if they could have any use.

Back