Samsung ICR18650-28A Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Samsung
Model:ICR18650-28A
Capacity:2800mAh Rated
Voltage:3.75V Nominal
Charging:4.30V Maximum
1400mA Standard
2800mA Maximum
Discharging:2.75V Cutoff
560mA Standard
5600mA Maximum
Description:Purple (Light) Cell Wrapper
White Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
http://www.meircell.co.il/files/Samsung ICR18650-28A.pdf

Pictures:

image_smrojq.jpg

image_uoivkf.jpg

I today liberated 6 such cells out of an original hp battery. It wouldn't charge because one of them had its CID tripped, which I reset. All cells were around 4.1v, even the inactive one. All measure around 2100mAh at 1A discharge. What do you think, should I keep the tripped-CID one?

thanar said:
I today liberated 6 such cells out of an original hp battery. It wouldn't charge because one of them had its CID tripped, which I reset. All cells were around 4.1v, even the inactive one. All measure around 2100mAh at 1A discharge. What do you think, should I keep the tripped-CID one?

I wouldn't use the CID-tripped one. You don't know why it popped and it popped for a reason. It's best to error on the side of caution/safety.

If the CID has been activated you should recycle not try to repair.

Back