laptop and tablet battery's. Whats the rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptFullbird

******************************Final update they researched and mow their piece in 3$ per lb and im not paying that for unknown cells**********************************

Hey guys
Im new here unsure if i did this right but if not please let me know.

I have about 300lbs of laptop battery's and i have a very good source for them. I work for a company that get them passing through and i have the ability to stop them but unsure what theymay be worth for you guys to stop them.

what is the highest per pound that you would pay?
**Update**
They are asking 1.75/LB if you get 300lbs and if they are avaliable. they will not sell at that price lower they said if you want less they want $4per lb thats crazy.
Right now im not getting anything to pass or package these for shipping but it would be nice to get a Bonus Tip :D :pJust saying... Trades or care boxes are awesome BTW..

Typically from what i have bought its 8-9 cells per pack with approx 10% bad.
Most my packs have been cargo falloff so i got them for free. but i can stop them for the refreshers buyout
***Update***
Most of the packs have battery indicators on them and so far 2 of 10 may not light more or less

also the same for poly lithium flat packs

***Update***
most LIPO packs arefrom I phones and androids some tablets some from drones. Most phone battery's come from good working phones

I just found you guys or i would have posted alot sooner.
I use most of mine for drones and Rc stuff. but now looking for a power wall lol.

BTW i live in Oklahoma for anyone else that may be near or eve in my state that may wanna talk local

I have started to test ad will be selling pre tested on optus charger at 1000ma also wit the ohm readings setting whats a good price and for what ranges i dont want to be over charging you guys. Im very new at this so sorry about the questions i started this for drone battery's and you all have sucked me in to power-walls. now im looking at replacing my 26 yellotop optima battery's on my 10k solar setup LOL.

the Packs that I get locally are either free or $1 a pack

I have a bit of a trade off going with my local guy, I take as many packs as I want, or can fit in my storage boxes at home, I dismantle the packs, carefully seperating the clean nickel strips into 1 pile\container, all the pcb's and not so clean nickel and everything else, except the plastic casing into another pile\container, I discard the plastic caseings in my weekly garbage collections, he then gets back everything else, sorted like that...... I then test the cells, any that are dead or not up to scratch I discard those, and he gets them back as well, where he processes them to extract the individual metals.... So in essence, for a little bit of care around sort materials when dismantling the packs, I get the cells for free. Which is awesome for me cause my financial officer is a really tight ass lol

My first sample was 23lbs @ $2.20/lb from a local scrap metal recycler.... they paid $0.35/lb for them but I got to cherry pick threw them. Most were 6 cell batteries and fairly old 2200mahish and a hand full 2600mah. I haven't tested them since my test equipment is still coming from china. I get about 9 cells per lb easy math is $0.244/cell, full cost vs total cells comes out to $53.64 and I got 195 total cells for a real life value of $0.2751/cell.

That's about the max I'd ever pay since a fair few will be complete trash, and the rest have to be tested to weed out ones with low capacity, high internal resistance, self discharge etc. I'm thinking about paying $0.50-$1/lb locally since I'm not aware of any other recyclers in the area paying for them.

As for resell value of tested cells, it seems to run $0.75-$2 per cell depending on a lot of factors and such (sourced off ebay's completed listings). Personally I'd rather process them myself since I more or less have the time and lack the fund side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back