NERDVille - In Da House (preferably with a HBPowerwall)

NERDVille

Hi Everyone,

So happy to be here with Pete and his efforts in shared learning for DIY PowerWalls.

I'm a massive fan of Pete and love his approach to putting together his awesomist PowerWall.

Very honoured to see my NERDville Logo at the very top and hope that you can join me within this community as I go about giving my take on how to tackle the PowerWall

I hope to be involved within the forum (time permitting) and love to hear from you guys about your views and opinions.

I've always said that the 18650 community, in my opinion, are just the most respectful and giving community that I have had the opportunity to be a part of and I hope it continues in this manner for the foreseeable future.

There's much planned on my NERDVille channel which I hope to roll out in the coming weeks and months, which involves new projects regarding 18650's as well as completing existing projects, such as Project Jehu.

Anyone wanting to jump on Project Jehu
, then I will start a new topic on this and would love to mainly get Arduino and electrical champions on this, this'll be a great platform for others to join in if they have an interest in these subjects to watch and learn from others and ask questions.

In the meantime, support Pete and the 18650 cause and lets enjoy the ride!!!

Welcome NERDVille, I have been following you videos for a while now, that is how i came across HBpowerwall.

thanks for doing your videos they are really helpful

Howdy NERDVille,
Love your new YouTube site. How did you manage to get it up with adverts at such an early state? I keep wondering how many subs and likes I need to amass to get to that coveted level.

Hi NERDVille!

I just saw your channel yesterday evening and could not stop watching again! You and your boys makes some really interesting and well produced videos! Thanks for that!

I think your idea with "Project Jehu" is very good and I would like to help out with the software if still needed? I am a software engineer from Denmark with experience in both embedded and high level software.

BR ChristofferG

Hey NERDVille!

Given your large quantity of cells... Do you plan on using a square cell layout like Peeeete, or saving some space and going with a staggered (more compact) layout of cells?

That is true, especially if you intend to use a natural draft instead of a forced draft like your box. You can still leave the cells spaced similarly (if the cells are broken individually like NerdVilles') which would allow for air to mix through the cells in a zigzag fashion providing good convection around all the cells. (if needed) Every time Pete ads a 10kW-hr pack his current draw goes down, so his heat production will probably be nil when he is all said and done.

Just food for thought. I am going to try and 3D print 4-packs that slide together (like Pauls and the ebay holders). I printed this image scaled 1:1 to do a rough space savings estimate.

In the horizontal spacing, there would be no savings if I keep the 2mm spacing that the square holders use.

In the vertical spacing, ~ every 4th row shows a space savings of half a cell. (so 8 rows of cells in a staggered layout would be the same length as 7 rows in the square layout). Extrapolated over 6000 cells....

image_kfzwsf.jpg

Chipper6 said:
In the vertical spacing, ~ every 4th row shows a space savings of half a cell. (so 8 rows of cells in a staggered layout would be the same length as 7 rows in the square layout). Extrapolated over 6000 cells....

That's the way e-bikes stack em'. And Tesla too (although they have liquid cooling between cells).

The only downside I can think of is reduced cooling ability.

I spent a while thinking about this option but eventually reverted to the simple "box" shape.

Your design will look cool though. :)

Have fun!

Chipper6 said:
Just food for thought. I am going to try and 3D print 4-packs that slide together (like Pauls and the ebay holders). I printed this image scaled 1:1 to do a rough space savings estimate.

In the horizontal spacing, there would be no savings if I keep the 2mm spacing that the square holders use.

SquareXTri.jpg

Nice design verry compact if you have 6000 cells it will add up.

Lux,

Back