Hello from a sunny UK

Amigaman

Hi

it isn't really sunny, we are experiencing a rather bad (for the UK) cold spell which has pretty much ground the whole country to a halt.
I have recently found a new hobby that is harvesting 18650 cells from laptop batteries and as I already own an imax b6ac v2 I have wanted to build my own balanced battery pack for my nitesite night vision unit I use for hunting and the Cell Database has been invaluable for identifying the Ah of non branded oem cells.
I like working with computers and have worked for a couple of small independent companies building and repairing in the mid 90's I also like to dabble with electronics but don't know nearly enough but can follow along with bigclive and Dave Jones' EEVblog on youtube.

hopefully I will be able to contribute.

welcome!

welcome Amigaman,
The Amiga part of your nick wouldn't by chance be referring to the Amiga computer?
Later floyd

yep, A500, A1200 and A4000 Tower, but I only have the 1200 left tho and now use Winuae (windows emulator)

Daveyboy said:
Welcome fellow Brit!

i was more ZX Spectrum myself..

Sharp MZ80K.... oh, the days of a tape drive.. :)

Amigaman said:
yep, A500, A1200 and A4000 Tower, but I only have the 1200 left tho and now use Winuae (windows emulator)

My brother had a A500 I used to use. bombing out... (the screen used to show round bombs when it crashed...)

Hi everyone,
A very newbie to this world.
Just this second joined up. good to see some fellow people living in the uk here already. If there is enough of us, maybe we can get together to buy batteries wholesale, if sourcing them from recycling themis an issue here.
Gaz

First computer
Atari 400
zx spectrum
then the +2
:)

gaz9012 said:
If there is enough of us, maybe we can get together to buy batteries wholesale, if sourcing them from recycling themis an issue here.

I'd think there was opportunity to bulk buy cells, panels, cell holders, cables, etc etc
We just need to get organised!

Daveyboy said:
gaz9012 said:
If there is enough of us, maybe we can get together to buy batteries wholesale, if sourcing them from recycling themis an issue here.

I'd think there was opportunity to bulk buy cells, panels, cell holders, cables, etc etc
We just need to get organised!

I am importing 28kWh of 40Ah LTO cells at the moment (I am going to use at least 16kWh for a home solar storage setup) so may have 12kWh up for sale around 280/kWh for >10,000 cycle cells.. new, not used cells, from one of the largest LTO manufacturers in China. Not the dodgey pouch cells from no name sources etc.....

Back