Have you seen these batteries

Charly144

Hi guys,
Last week I stopped by at a local IT refurbisher, where I had been once before, but no success at this point in time.

This time the boss was there and hes a nice and cool guy. He gave me a large box with several kinds of li-ion battery packs for some euros. What a cell costs atthe end I have to finally find out.

He also offered me some telco packs which are rated for 55V 3.3Ah from Sanyo.

Has someone seen these packs so far. I cant find any detail on it.

image_zuwnfc.jpg

hrmm, looks like 14s1p(?) interesting

lets have a look at the other 3 sides so we can judge better the style. Might be pouch cells too?

I have just opened the pack. Seems to be 14s2p. I am going to explore what cells there are in, its definitely 18650s

Regards
Karl

image_ilmnoh.jpg

image_ucfiqb.jpg

nice. might be lower capacity but they look red.

Sanyo.... red... dingding

I hope they are not heaters

OI just disassembled a pack. It has its own heating management packed around the pack and it stinks like hell!!!!

I couldnt manage to get 48v out of it which clesred up when i disassembled the pack. All cells were below 1.0v

It is 14s3p with cells i couldnt identify. They are sanyo red and hav the following print on it A LLIU6 second line 028939, nothing more.

Does someone have an idea what cells these are?

Regards
Karl

image_cczqdh.jpgimage_krsagv.jpgimage_itrmow.jpgimage_kjlhtw.jpg

It's a shame you need to take them apart to test them. Being in 14s already and being welded like that sure would make things a lot easier.

Well, after having batteries in the tester for one night, they ALL seem to be dead. But Im not sure yet. Maybe they show the same voltage than yesterday evening just coincidentally...

I need batteries in a format, where they fit to the rest of my setup...

Regards
Karl

The BMS probably sucked all the juice out of them over the time they were standing around.
Take out the cells and charge them VERY SLOWLY before testing them. You might be able to use them afterall. Although if the pack really was 3.3Ah then at 1100mAh original capacity each they arent exactly a very good for powerwall purposes.

Well, they seem to be somewhere between tested 1400 to 1500mah. Usually I get a lot of ebike packs and lots of them are 1500mah sony ones. They are in perfect condition but have low nominal capacity but i dont mind. They go into my 80p packs.

I pay roughly 0,10 eur per cell from the telco packs which is fine for me and i will go for more of them

Best
Karl

Charly144 said:
Well, they seem to be somewhere between tested 1400 to 1500mah. Usually I get a lot of ebike packs and lots of them are 1500mah sony ones. They are in perfect condition but have low nominal capacity but i dont mind. They go into my 80p packs.

I pay roughly 0,10 eur per cell from the telco packs which is fine for me and i will go for more of them

Best
Karl

Well you cant really complain about that ::D
They will be super high drain cells, probably 20A ones

I will have to look for a large power consumer in my home to get them warm when having 200-300 cells in parallell...

Maybe i am going to heat my pond during night hours with 600 amps drain to keep my system warm :)

Hi, just registered to offer approximately 2p worth of info.
If that pack says 3.3Ah then yours should surely be 3300 /3 ( 3p ) = 1100.
Seems very low but then they could have a high C rate ?
Have you had a really good look with a magnifying glass, all the Sanyos I ever had were embossed (badly) with a model no.

Yes, they are high drain sanyos! Ill take my magnifying glass out and look

Back