18650 Powered Off Grid

Cecere

Hi All,

Showing in picture is a 80p 7s. 560 cells

Ave / cell 2259mA
10mm Electrical wire for bus bars with a battery eyelet soldered on the ends.

I used 1 strand of extension cable for fusing. Extension cable is 10 Amp and has 32 Strand. 2 strands dead short on a 1800mA battery burned out.

Battery Cable is rated at 176 Ah, 6 gauge I believe. Temporary I'm using a 50 Ah self resetting fuse off the Packs. Showing is a 100 Ah Din Switch for Batteries.

Controller is a PIP3024HSE. 3000W output 24V Nom 142 Ah Battery input.

On the left side is the 240V AC suppling part of the house.

Solar Panels I have 2 at 5.86Ah, 2 at 8.86Ah, and 2 at 9.15Ah. these 2 yet to be installed. Facing West slightly North. This will max out the PIP, rated at 50Ah Solar Charging. on the East side I will install 6 more Panels so I can start charging a soon as the sun appears. The East side will be isolated from the West side via a Din Changeover switch to ensure I do not exceed the Max charge Current of 50Ah. Inline to the PIP is a 50Ah Din Breaker.

image_fqtxll.jpg

Please support my channel. search Adam Cecere

Thank you

When you tested the Fuse wire did you see what the amps were drawing just before it blew?

Adam: Nice, clean setup. Plans for BMS?

Do you mean Amps (A) or Amp-hours (Ah)?

Mark

Shade said:
Adam: Nice, clean setup. Plans for BMS?

Do you mean Amps (A) or Amp-hours (Ah)?

Mark

Hi Mark.

Yes plans to add a BMS. This will cost about $500 for the setup using Batrium.

Your right, should be A not Ah.

Thanks

Yes. It's a bit boutique, but I had to dig deep and buy the batrium too. Waiting on delivery. Shipping from the down under half of the world takes longer for some reason. Batrium has the capabilities I need to run a safe powerwall, so I will happily wait.

Yes, I'm interested in size of solar panels in Watts. Also, what are you planning to power with this. I'm looking at a similar sized system for my house. Nice work by the way.

About what Solar Panels I'm using.

6 in total All 24 V in Parallel.
Short Circuit Current = Isc
2 x 190 W - Isc 5.65
2 x 250 W - Isc 8.56
2 x 260 W - Isc 9.15
Isc = 46A72

The MPP Solar controller is Rated at 50 A.
For safety I took the Short Circuit Current. Which is higher then the Max Power Current that the MPP is calculated on.

Back