Batrium: Eltek Flat pack 2000

Sean

A few notes for anyone wanting to grid charge using the 48v 2000w HE - in this instance into a reconfigured full Leaf traction pack.

The Batrium how to linked below is almost correct, with the exception of the scaling factors. They state that scaling for both V & Ishould be 100. On my setup I control via modbus wasnt working as expected initially, feeding a resistive load Iwas seeing in excess of 20A and rising, with no apparent response to further bus commands to reduce I

Setting current scaling to 10 works as expected, along with bus commands to raise/limit current dependant on set limits.

image_kfjccn.jpg

Bus termination caused a few minutes of pondering, a 5m bus length, with just the two devices would normally expect to be terminated at both ends, oddly, commands weren't seeing a repeatable response from the Eltek unless its termination was removed (leaving the controller one in place)

I'm assuming the telemetry comes from elsewhere (not the Eltek) as thelive actual field is empty, the normal and limit targets are shown as expected.

Stacking the Elteks works perfectly, it's very easy to feed high 3 figure amps into a battery from the grid with these, just make sure you've got the bypass/cell/pack voltages correct, and test any protection logic to make sure it works as you expect.

You'll need some form of precharge system when connecting the DC side of the charger.

https://www.batrium.com/pages/how-to-control-a-eltek-flatpack2-with-watchmon

Sean said:
A few notes for anyone wanting to grid charge using the 48v 2000w HE - in this instance into a reconfigured full Leaf traction pack.

The Batrium how to linked below is almost correct, with the exception of the scaling factors. They state that scaling for both V & Ishould be 100. On my setup I control via modbus wasnt working as expected initially, feeding a resistive load Iwas seeing in excess of 20A and rising, with no apparent response to further bus commands to reduce I

Setting current scaling to 10 works as expected, along with bus commands to raise/limit current dependant on set limits.

image_kfjccn.jpg

Bus termination caused a few minutes of pondering, a 5m bus length, with just the two devices would normally expect to be terminated at both ends, oddly, commands weren't seeing a repeatable response from the Eltek unless its termination was removed (leaving the controller one in place)

I'm assuming the telemetry comes from elsewhere (not the Eltek) as thelive actual field is empty, the normal and limit targets are shown as expected.

Stacking the Elteks works perfectly, it's very easy to feed high 3 figure amps into a battery from the grid with these, just make sure you've got the bypass/cell/pack voltages correct, and test any protection logic to make sure it works as you expect.

You'll need some form of precharge system when connecting the DC side of the charger.

https://www.batrium.com/pages/how-to-control-a-eltek-flatpack2-with-watchmon
Sean, did you ever get this going? I have theFlatpack S 48V 1U Compact HE 1U power system and was wondering how to get this working along with my Watchmon 5? Do you have just the power supply or the complete unit?

Back