Me3000sp

Juliehelen101

Should this battery storage system completely shut off to conserve energy ? This is what the installation company are telling me its doing . Im in disagreement, as despite the sun and the fact it is set up to charge on our economy 7 , it is not coming to life at all . Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not please . TIA

All inverters/charge controllers will use some power when they are shut down. It varies from device to device. I've seen some here say their units were pulling as much as 100W on idle. The only way to keep from using power is to completely shut the unit off, and/or disconnect the power from the unit

This is also called phantom power

Juliehelen101 said:
Should this battery storage system completely shut off to conserve energy ? This is what the installation company are telling me its doing . Im in disagreement, as despite the sun and the fact it is set up to charge on our economy 7 , it is not coming to life at all . Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not please . TIA

I also replied on your other post,

Hi

I don't have the ME300PE yet but I will be ordering it soon.

Is it displaying an event code?

Looking at the manual a switch off occurs when the battery voltage is low (ID86) or it's received a remote switch off command (ID84).

What type of batteries are you using? Are they the Pylon batteries, is the inverter parameters set to the correct battery type, is the depth of discharge and minimum battery voltage setting corect?
If not the battery could be over discharged and the bms is sending a shut down signal.

I'm guessing that this will have all been checked out already but might be worth confirming.

I don't have mine yet, this is just what I can glean from the manual.

Back