2S (30A?) BMS for RC Car?

nathan173

Not sure if this is the right place, but...

Does anyone know of a good 2SBMS for RC car battery packs?

thanks.

What sort of RC Car. Usually Speed Controllers have built in undervoltage protection.

Geek said:
What sort of RC Car. Usually Speed Controllers have built in undervoltage protection.

A HSP rock crawler with a 540 34Tmotor.

Yeah, you are right.

I was hoping for a heavy duty BMS, but for now have a seperate charging port with the battery connected directly to the ESC.

For anyone wondering li-ion powered RC cars are insanely awesome. :)

nathan173 said:
Geek said:

A HSP rock crawler with a 540 34Tmotor.

Yeah, you are right.

I was hoping for a heavy duty BMS, but for now have a seperate charging port with the battery connected directly to the ESC.

For anyone wondering li-ion powered RC cars are insanely awesome. :)

Nitro is more fun. Higher maintenance though. I have several. The fastest of which is a Kyosho MP9e. Running 6s. Too much power, it chews up drive trains like mad. If you give it too much off the line, it has a habit of cracking rims.

Ive done RC for years, its what got me deeper into batteries. Fun stuff for sure.

I personally wouldnt bother throwing any sort of BMS onto an RC pack. Adds weight and complicates wiring. Low voltage protection on the ESC is sufficient and one of those cell monitor alarms would be more than sufficient.

Convention has always been to maintain packs externally using a balance charger and that has worked well for me. If anything its a great excuse to buy a really good charger because those things are perfect for what we do around here.

Back