Hello from germany, my 14s100p Powerwall with 15kWh

jaeger-audiodesign

Hello everybody,

this is my version of a 15kWh diy powerwall made from used 18650 cells.
Its a 14s100p system each pack has 300Ah. As inverter I use a FSP Solar Powermanger Hybrid 10kw, its the same like the infini hybrid. The BMS is a Batrium with a Watchmon 4 and 14 Longmons, it works fine.

image_htqefk.jpg

my test station

image_ofkimm.jpg

all the cells, nearly 2500

image_yymqhj.jpg

first sorting

image_xcwxpy.jpg

16sqmm copper busbars and 0,02mm fuse wire

image_fhneeo.jpg

all the finished packs with xt90 connectors

image_sdgfed.jpg

the complete system

image_bmahgp.jpg

100A battery fuse

image_gzdotq.jpg

the power distributor

Nice work! If you put your head in the middle of the packs does it feel fuzzy? :D

Hi and welcome to the forum :) !

Very nice and clean work, it looks like you've made your homework before you started building your powerwall... I love the copper busbars and the woodwork, reminds me of my setup :D :

image_bgeclj.jpg

image_dtuzha.jpg

Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see more of your project here.

Greetings from Braunschweig,
have sun!

Oliver

P.S.: As far as I can see from your workshop, you're also a big OSB fan ;) . Do you regularily watch 'let's bastel' on youtube...?

@owitte yes. i knew lets bastel but I build up my workshop before I watch it the first time :)

@GMRedline I can't say how long exactly I need to set it up completely. I think all in something about 80 hours.

Herzlich Willkommen! :)

Very Very nice work - exactly what im going to do.
You did the housing of 'Fermacell' right? It would be the first choice for my battery housing.

I like the XC90 connectors.
With what values ??is the battery charged / discharged?

Gre aus Erkelenz

Hi,

first, awesome setup. Looking really good. From what region in germany are you?

You wrote one pack got 300 Ah so average cell capacity is 3000 mAh? How did you test cells? Or are they new?

@richie241 yes housing is a metal cabinet which I covered with fermacell inside.
I charge and discharge the batteries with 50A. So nothing is gonna getting warm.

@Maniac_Powerwall I live near Bonn. Yes the average cell capacity is 3000 mAh I tested the cells with 10 Opus C3100 chargers, noticed the capacity, charged them fully up and let they rest for 8 weeks. Then I measured the voltage of every single cell, and sort out cells with less than 4,1V.

Very very nice and clean build. On your woodwork, did you cut those pack holders on a bandsaw?

Looks great with the opus lined up like that. But are you sure they can take enough air in to cool down and have a good cell reading?

Nice wood work mate!

@Headrc I mill the boulder on my cnc.

@ WuggyBuggy the holder has cooling slots in the bottom plate.

The cell reading was definitely good enough, I have only marginally cell drifting. Maximum 0,01V when the system is charged.

Okay mate, looks really really nice! How did you make them? In a machine at work ? or just really good with wood? =P

Back