Hello from Australia

Jacob89

Hi all. Been snooping around here for a while, but I just pulled the trigger on a used battery module from a Tesla model S, so I though I should sign up. I've been wanting to build an off grid system for years so its exciting to finally get started.

Welcome bud, where in Australia ya from? Brisbane here

hbpowerwall said:
Welcome bud, where in Australia ya from? Brisbane here

Thanks, I'm in QLD too, not far from Brisbane. And I want to say thanks to you, it was your youtube vids and instagram that got me into using lithiums.

Won't be long before Pete will have a powerwall convention out at his house :p

Bugger that, would mean i have to clean up and hid the wife lolz

I found the abc article from 2017 and been stalking Petes YouTube channels for the last month or so... I rent in samford Brisbane and have property I need to power off grid in Blackbutt .. I'm not a computer genius and have only basic current signal flow understanding.. I'm wondering if there is a safe place in Brisbane to obtain good quality batteries and/or kits to build something like Petes set up? I'd really love a reliable mentor.. PS.. I could provide live music for Petes powerwall convention lol.. I bought a battery tester and have collected a heap of old drill batteries but in watching YouTube videos I'm concerned I don't know enough about testing batteries correctly

Offgridmuso said:
I found the abc article from 2017 and been stalking Petes YouTube channels for the last month or so... I rent in samford Brisbane and have property I need to power off grid in Blackbutt .. I'm not a computer genius and have only basic current signal flow understanding.. I'm wondering if there is a safe place in Brisbane to obtain good quality batteries and/or kits to build something like Petes set up? I'd really love a reliable mentor.. PS.. I could provide live music for Petes powerwall convention lol.. I bought a battery tester and have collected a heap of old drill batteries but in watching YouTube videos I'm concerned I don't know enough about testing batteries correctly

Welcome! You may want to post on the tech section so more people could chime in.

Back