BVH powerwall 1

bvh

My first attempt at building a powerwall.
It got triggered by our local scouting group getting solar panels donated, and I needed an excuse to make one :)

So while building it, I needed to also consider keeping it somewhat mobile and transportable and safe to use by people with limited electrical knowledge.
It is a 7s22p configuration with an epever MPPTTracer4210AN solar charger and an epever IP200-22 pure sine wave inverter.
Decided on spot welding the 18650's are spot welded after I experimented with setting this up with ******* kits.
Battery has a 35A waterproof BMS mounted to it.
Everything is mounted inside a steel Rittal case, in case of failure everything outside the case should be protected.

Electrical chargeis 52Ah with total power of 1.34KWh

I have a battery disconnect mounted outside the case.
Also a 230V AC socket fed by the inverter.
An 12V DC socket and 5V USB sockets for charginge.g. cell phones. The sockets and display can be switched off. But the buck converter between the load and this component is always on.
Solar charger is controlled from the outside by an MT-50 control panel.

It is currently in use by the scouting group, when I get the case back my next steps are to extend capacity and to add additional manualdisconnect switches for the inverter and the everything connected to load of the solar charger. I also want to experiment with active cooling and maybe upgrade to a BMS capable of higher currents.

image_titrqz.jpg

image_sirrfm.jpg

I see a few wires running around the pack, is that for bms - looks like a great project for the Scouts

hbpowerwall said:
I see a few wires running around the pack, is that for bms - looks like a great project for the Scouts

Yes, a 35A waterproof BMS is mounted on the side of the battery pack.
When it comes back I am thinking of reorganizing the mounting of the batteries and mount a second battery pack in parallel, with its own BMS.
Possibly also upgrade the BMS to higher Amps. This would allow to use higher capacity loads and really allow the inverter to go full throttle.

Back