14S Battery input to which grid-tied inverter?

DirkB19

Hi,

I think my setup/requirement is a little special. I've been browsing the forum for a while but I 'm still looking for some advice.

I have 3x 14S10P batteries Li-Ion that I built for my E-Bikes.
During daytime Icharge them with the chargers I have bought for this purpose. These chargers just take plain 220Vac in, and give 58Vdc out at 5A to charge my batts.

During the night I want to discharge it all back into the grid/house, so therefore I need a grid-tied inverter that takes the 14S batteries as input.
So during the night, what I don't use in my house will go into the grid, which is beneficial in my specific case with dual tarif energy counters.

So today I did a test as follows. I have a cheap Aliexpress 300W grid-tie inverter which is intended to getDC in from Solar panels. In stead I hooked my 14S to the DC input
and yes it worked :) . Battery was at 52Vdc and the inverter sucked around 10A out of it to output some 360 Watts into the house/grid....
So the efficiency was quite bad imo. ... only some 70%, probably because the input voltage was probably exceeding theMPPT-range... ?
This inverter is specified to take up to 60Vdcin, but at such efficiency, I'm looking for something better.
Also when my battery is fully charged it is at 58Vdc so I guess then the efficiency will be even worse.

So basically, I'm looking for an inverter that is grid-tied with good efficiency that takes 14S Li-Ion as DC source. Power ? +- 600W will do.
So far, I can only see efficient grid-tie inverters that are intended to take typical Solar Panel inputs, and hybrids seem overkill ?
Thanks for any suggestion.

I think I found a suitable solution :SUN-1000G2-LCD

Is designed to operate from both solar and battery input, in battery mode you can even set the cut-off voltage to protect your battery.

DirkB19 said:
Hi,

I think my setup/requirement is a little special. I've been browsing the forum for a while but I 'm still looking for some advice.

I have 3x 14S10P batteries Li-Ion that I built for my E-Bikes.
During daytime Icharge them with the chargers I have bought for this purpose. These chargers just take plain 220Vac in, and give 58Vdc out at 5A to charge my batts.

During the night I want to discharge it all back into the grid/house, so therefore I need a grid-tied inverter that takes the 14S batteries as input.
So during the night, what I don't use in my house will go into the grid, which is beneficial in my specific case with dual tarif energy counters.

So today I did a test as follows. I have a cheap Aliexpress 300W grid-tie inverter which is intended to getDC in from Solar panels. In stead I hooked my 14S to the DC input
and yes it worked :) . Battery was at 52Vdc and the inverter sucked around 10A out of it to output some 360 Watts into the house/grid....
So the efficiency was quite bad imo. ... only some 70%, probably because the input voltage was probably exceeding theMPPT-range... ?
This inverter is specified to take up to 60Vdcin, but at such efficiency, I'm looking for something better.
Also when my battery is fully charged it is at 58Vdc so I guess then the efficiency will be even worse.

So basically, I'm looking for an inverter that is grid-tied with good efficiency that takes 14S Li-Ion as DC source. Power ? +- 600W will do.
So far, I can only see efficient grid-tie inverters that are intended to take typical Solar Panel inputs, and hybrids seem overkill ?
Thanks for any suggestion.

Hi Dirk,

You have a link for that cheap 300W inverter?

Tnx

Back