Shipping Companies and Li-Po batteries UK -> Sweden

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a shipping company who will courier usedlaptop battery packs containing li-po's from the UK to Sweden. I've spoken to a couple of sellers in the UK and they'vesaid they can't send them via the Royal Mail / DHL etc as they refuse to carry them now.

Ideally I'd love to do a deal with someone, pay for and organise the collection and carriage myself,send them a label to stick on the box and tell them when its going to be collected!

Who does everyone else use around Europe? Any ideas anyone?

Cheers all,

Darren

UPS and FexEx still carries them. But they have rules about packaging, SoC, and if they are open or not. Most of the regulations are at the national level, not the company level, though.

I used UPS.

I will reply to your email when i get time :)

If you don't have a company i wish you good luck in the EU, its like shipping live sticks of dynamite or handgrenades...

No problem to ship with UPS. up to 25kg they do gladely as long as its in its original container. I shipped 800kg of it not long ago :)

@Daromer,
I got replies from them that it was not possible...i don't get it anymore.
Or did you ship it on a company name?

If it is a large enough volume, stick them on a pallet and DPD as it will likely go via road and should not be an issue. Try flying them and the regulations will get horrendous as you would need to identify that every pack is conformant.

I shipped it as a Person. Just use their prebuilt boxes and then we labeled it Battery inside and they where fine with. As Company we would have needed certificates doing it.

Perhaps have changed now but when I did it no problem. perhaps they didnt care if the actual content but who knows.

Note we shipped it with a lorry and not by plane.

I think the most important thing is the country..Holland wants to be the best boy of the class...
In the Netherlands it is nearly impossible to ship it as a person, now these days.
You really must have a company and a company insurance.
No matter by boat lorry train or plain.
Or you must drive it yourself.
It falls under a law that also contains explosives(for dutchies: wecg), thanks

Best

I'm in the US and recently tried to ship 4 18650 cells to @Wolf via Fed-Ex (e.g. another US destination). Fedex gave a lecture and a whole bunch of grief... and refused to help me figure out the correct labeling etc. Finally, the manager said - we refuse to ship these (4 little cells) under any circumstances.

WOW!! Maybe it is a global shift from individual to company?

So I went to UPS and they said - no problem!

Very confusing these days.

UPS in the Netherlands had one answer: nope! you are not a company.
And if you are a company, you will get a very thick book with rules.
Glad i found someone that was willing do it for me!

Back