RC3563 IR tester

Bubba

Saw this testerhttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/32949622654.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.22d16424JxS2pa

It has the ability to connect to the PC unlike YR1030 or YR1035+

Has anyone heard of this unit?
Is it any good?

Bubba said:
Saw this testerhttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/32949622654.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.22d16424JxS2pa

Is it any good?

Interesting I'll Buy it and test it.
Wolf

Wolf said:
Bubba said:

Is it any good?

Interesting I'll Buy it and test it.
Wolf

Just wish it didn't take so long for delivery. Cash is too tight to buy something that is not going to fit my needs.
What components would you get and why?

A video I found

interesting.

Tried to download the software, but had problems will need to contact the seller for a new link.
I am wondering if the protocols are simple so as to read directly into EXCEL.

Bubba said:
Just wish it didn't take so long for delivery. Cash is too tight to buy something that is not going to fit my needs.
What components would you get and why?
For $63.72 I get the whole package. Why because for a couple of bucks more I get some additional leads to play with.

image_gdjxac.jpg

For the minimalist at $48.42 I would get just the test leads.

image_kmmuuj.jpg

I have 8 IR testers so this will be the 9th. Alinoexpress says it will be here by the 23 of december. Early Christmas present.
After that I will let you know how it works and report it here.

Hey Wolf be sure to download and test the PC software. It is supposed to allow enter a cell number for tracking changes over time.

Bubba said:
Hey Wolf be sure to download and test the PC software. It is supposed to allow enter a cell number for tracking changes over time.

@Bubba
Oh don't worry I will download the spyware, malware infested software :cool:and clean it up if indeed it is and test it.

If it does what we all want it to do and we can port it to excel or google sheets.................
The uncle is your Bob or is it Bob'syour uncle?? :p
Wolf

Ok I have an update on the RC3563.

Sorry I have been quiet for a while as my buddy has been very sick and my attention was on him getting better.

My Boy had a reaction to a vaccine which caused his immune system to attackhis blood platelets and he was bleeding to death internally.
His name is Houdini

image_gnrpgr.jpg

After $15,000 (the tab is still running) on emergency care and meds etc he is doing better but now his pancreas is shot due to the prednisone and other drugs so he is on insulin and immune suppression meds etc.

OK enough about that.

The RC3563 is a really good IR and V tester. The resolution is very good and is as accurate as my YR1035s
I like the robust 4 wireconnector to the unit and I really like the quick test platform

image_nzggmr.jpg

image_bhqtoe.jpg

After a few emails back and forth with the supplier I managed to get the software and actually got it to work.

image_qoudva.jpg

It has some features but lacks a lot of usability. Basically it displays whats on the tester on the PC screen with the mΩ resolution being 2 more points of resolution and the V 1 more. It does tracking over time with a time stamp of .5 Sec to 60 min.

If you want more info let me know as it took me a good hour to get it to work on a windows 10 machine.

Last edited:
Wolf said:
If you want more info let me know as it took me a good hour to get it to work on a windows 10 machine.

So still needs time to refine, but it works. So would you prefer this over the YR1035+ now that it is working for you?

Wolf said:
Ok I have an update on the RC3563.

Sorry I have been quiet for a while as my buddy has been very sick and my attention was on him getting better.

My Boy had a reaction to a vaccine which caused his immune system to attackhis blood platelets and he was bleeding to death internally.
His name is Houdini

image_lbjqgl.jpgimage_gnrpgr.jpg

After $15,000 (the tab is still running) on emergency care and meds etc he is doing better but now his pancreas is shot due to the prednisone and other drugs so he is on insulin and immune suppression meds etc.

OK enough about that.

I thought you had been quiet and was wondering what was happening for you.
I am sorry to hear what has been happening with Houdini..
Good luck to you and Houdini.
Hopefully he escapes well from this .

Bubba said:
So still needs time to refine, but it works. So would you prefer this over the YR1035+ now that it is working for you?
Bubba

6 of one half a dozen of the other
I still like the YR1035+ it is smaller and the probe wires are not covered in a thick shrink tubing like the RC3563

image_ptsjjw.jpg

The battery testing fixture on the other hand is quick to use very well constructed and way better than what comes with the YR1035+
The RC3563 fixture has no sides so it is easy to insert a cell read the results and on to the next one.

image_nkryek.jpg

The YR1035+ fixture

image_jqutdu.jpg

So in conclusion I think I will start to use the RC3563 when I check single cells with the fixture as it is very quick to insert the cell get a reading and move on and the YR1035+ when I am just spot testing a cell.

Both tester (YR1035+ and the RC3563) readings (actually all my YR1030/YR1035+ based testers) are so close to each other in readings it is not worth mentioning.

Hope this helps.

Wolf

Oz18650 said:
I thought you had been quiet and was wondering what was happening for you.
I am sorry to hear what has been happening with Houdini..
Good luck to you and Houdini.
Hopefully he escapes well from this .

Thanks OZ18650

Yea I hope he escapes as well.

Wolf

Last edited:
Hi, can anyone please provide me the Windows Software for the RC3563. I dont get it from my supplier (aliexpress).
Thanks a lot!

RC3563

Software English don't use
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Gh_yRXC-1o6uQlgiHZclGybJ1Ig8-0Q/view?usp=sharing
Driver don't use
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PsMJdYIsXiMDbRGfAAj76LZ9wOUMfPT5/view?usp=sharing

The correct link:

If you are running windows 10 you may need to update the USB to Serial Driver
https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers
Baud rate is 115200
Serial Port must be enabled on the Tester
Let me know if you need anything else.

Wolf

Last edited:
Hi, thank you very much!
I will try it when i am home from work.
BR Ingo

Ok - i tried to download the Software. But no luck - i have to login (i don't want to login on such chinese websites).
Is there any other chance to get the software and drivers?
BR Ingo

ipirk said:
Hi, thank you very much!
I will try it when i am home from work.
BR Ingo

Ok - i tried to download the Software. But no luck - i have to login (i don't want to login on such chinese websites).
Is there any other chance to get the software and drivers?
BR Ingo

Ha I don't blame you. My mistake for some reason it ended up as the link to the download site. Sorry about that.
Here is the link to my google drive where the files reside. That should work.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-G7U0hD5MkDcXHqoaOkvGyfP_ibx2Ho7?usp=sharing

Let me know.

Wolf

Hi,
uh nice - thanks again - its installed now. I only have to test it at the evening - realy nice software, you dont have to look at every measurement on the screen and check the values.
BR Ingo

Hi,
uh nice - thanks again - its installed now. I only have to test it at the evening - realy nice software, you dont have to look at every measurement on the screen and check the values.
BR Ingo
If you want something that's more geared towards workflow automation I wrote a simple python script that interprets the RC3563 protocol and prints it out in human readable form.

https://gist.github.com/mgrela/e5e52e22e5d748645bf4d0ebe2c133dd

If you want something that's more geared towards workflow automation I wrote a simple python script that interprets the RC3563 protocol and prints it out in human readable form.

https://gist.github.com/mgrela/e5e52e22e5d748645bf4d0ebe2c133dd
So I did some research and wrote an excel macro that called the python. They python returned the the values. Though everything was good.. then I saved it. Tried to reload it later and it was gone. So I wrote it again. Same thing happened. Turns out Windows Defender was marking it as a virus.
WHAT?
Looking now to figure out how to directly implement it into Excel.

If anyone is an expert in reading serial ports in Excel that could help I would appreciate it. So far not working well for me.

So I did some research and wrote an excel macro that called the python. They python returned the the values. Though everything was good.. then I saved it. Tried to reload it later and it was gone. So I wrote it again. Same thing happened. Turns out Windows Defender was marking it as a virus.
WHAT?
Looking now to figure out how to directly implement it into Excel.

If anyone is an expert in reading serial ports in Excel that could help I would appreciate it. So far not working well for me.

Lol, this is crazy. You should be able to code something in VBScript or .NET maybe. Not my area of expertise though :).

Back