Internal Charger cable Shimano BT-E8010 and BT-E8014

Menno

Good morning all,

Besides harvesting battery cells and building battery packs I also repair E-Bike battery packs. I work with a multiple bike shops and a couple asked me if I can repair the charge connector on theBT-E8010 and BT-E8014 which is very fragile and break are damaged easily. When approaching Shimano they told me that they do not want people opening the packs. I assume that on this forum there are people who dismantle these packs. When you have connectors good state I would be happy if I can get them from you. I know this is world wide and will be happy to pay for shipment cost etc.

I understand that these are normal not saved when packs are dismantled and as such I do not expect that an immediate reply, however reply with future possibilities would be very welcome.

Attached is a picture of the connector

image_wzysll.jpg

Thanks in regards,

Menno van Eijk

To copy this one it would be tricky, but it can be done with combining some lose connectors.
Fill it back up with some component like polymax high tec.

The bike has internal routed cables as do most of the Shimano's. Please give me some more information about what you are dealing with. Pictures are welcome to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all,

Besides harvesting battery cells and building battery packs I also repair E-Bike battery packs. I work with a multiple bike shops and a couple asked me if I can repair the charge connector on theBT-E8010 and BT-E8014 which is very fragile and break are damaged easily. When approaching Shimano they told me that they do not want people opening the packs. I assume that on this forum there are people who dismantle these packs. When you have connectors good state I would be happy if I can get them from you. I know this is world wide and will be happy to pay for shipment cost etc.

I understand that these are normal not saved when packs are dismantled and as such I do not expect that an immediate reply, however reply with future possibilities would be very welcome.

View attachment 20275

Thanks in regards,

Menno van Eijk
Hi I'm from New Zealand did you get a response re the Shimano internal charge plug replacement

Good morning all,

Hi I'm from New Zealand did you get a response re the Shimano internal charge plug replacemen
View attachment 20275

Thanks in regards,

Menno van Eijk

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_101116.jpg
    IMG_20220213_101116.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 246
I found a plug and connected to the existing ribbon from the motherboard the battery is back together and the customer is satisfied

Hi CBR1000 looks good, where did you find the plug? And no I didn't got any support fro Shimano, did a 3 months mail exchange with Shimano NZ and Shimano Europe, no progress was made.

Hi CBR1000 looks good, where did you find the plug? And no I didn't got any support fro Shimano, did a 3 months mail exchange with Shimano NZ and Shimano Europe, no progress was made.
Hi you have to buy a Shimano steps satellite charging port ew-cp100 the most important thing is make sure to check the point to point wires are on the correct contact if you get one wrong the worst will happen you brick the board . Make the soldered ribbon wires to the new plug a little longer but not by much.When you are happy with the finished plug put it on the board and test .if you got it right it's charging wait till it's finished in plug and remove from the board .now the fussy part you have to make the old plug hole larger to accept the new plug .the glue I used is called goop it really is good for this type of work . Also the new plug has three holes in it so be creative and make sure they get sealed good luck . sorry I'm not very good at writing instructions if you get stuck drop me a line and I'll try to help cheers Chris

Hi you have to buy a Shimano steps satellite charging port ew-cp100 the most important thing is make sure to check the point to point wires are on the correct contact if you get one wrong the worst will happen you brick the board . Make the soldered ribbon wires to the new plug a little longer but not by much.When you are happy with the finished plug put it on the board and test .if you got it right it's charging wait till it's finished in plug and remove from the board .now the fussy part you have to make the old plug hole larger to accept the new plug .the glue I used is called goop it really is good for this type of work . Also the new plug has three holes in it so be creative and make sure they get sealed good luck . sorry I'm not very good at writing instructions if you get stuck drop me a line and I'll try to help cheers Chris
Nice way of doing it. I thought about that, but could not get the EW-CP100 port at that time. Well done and thanks.

Nice way of doing it. I thought about that, but could not get the EW-CP100 port at that time. Well done and thanks.
Hi I am learning about ebike batteries and shimano has a policy of not applying parts the recycle policy is worst they are horrified when someone's opened upon a battery .so for minor part they scrap the battery when returned and sell you a $1500.00 that's new zealand price so to sum up shimano in my words they really don't care about recycling or the planet only making a profit. that's only my opinion

Great solution, thank you for sharing. I have a BT-E8010 with one of the 3 pins broken. Before I remove the port is it possible to fix it? Or best to buy a EW-CP100. I’ve found a diagram of the EW-CP100 on the Shimano site which appears that it has a simple plug connecting to the board. Is it this simple? Your work above suggests there’s soldering involved. Sorry I’m a complete novice to these ebike batteries.

Great solution, thank you for sharing. I have a BT-E8010 with one of the 3 pins broken. Before I remove the port is it possible to fix it? Or best to buy a EW-CP100. I’ve found a diagram of the EW-CP100 on the Shimano site which appears that it has a simple plug connecting to the board. Is it this simple? Your work above suggests there’s soldering involved. Sorry I’m a complete novice to these ebike batteries.
Yes it's that simple make sure you do a point to point pinout do not get any wire's mixed\ crossed or you will brick the board
There is soldering involved
I'm in the process of fixing another Shimano battery charging plug \ replacing it with a Shimano satellite plug

Yes it's that simple make sure you do a point to point pinout do not get any wire's mixed\ crossed or you will brick the board
There is soldering involved
I'm in the process of fixing another Shimano battery charging plug \ replacing it with a Shimano satellite plug
IMG_2507.JPG

So do I unscrew the side screws and it comes out? Then solder the wires onto the new EW-CP100 charging port?

If you're not proficient in electrical wiring or soldering don't try doing this . If you get a satellite plug it can be used as a remote charging plug it attaches to the wiring loom by the motor there is a spare plug on it . You have to mount the plug on the frame then run the plug wiring to the motor .The only draw back the battery must be on the bike to charge it . This would be a better option as no dismantling of the battery is required hope this helps

Back