PRECHARGE FOR BATRIUM

CU17

Hi,

I have now finished building my 14 160Ah packs. I have already charged them at 3A using an old laptop charger and a boost converter. I have also discharged them at 100W using power resistors. The Batrium also works perfectly to control my main relay. I went with a relay instead of a shunt tripbecause I had a good one laying around and I somewhat prefer relays, given that a NO relay does not need power to open the circuit.
The Batrium and Relay together consume about 2W and for now, I have them hooked up to a 12V power supply instead of the main battery.

At this point, I am putting on the finishing touches and will soon connect the battery to my Sunny Island, but I recently discovered that its input capacitance is rather large at 49000F. To prevent anything from tripping from the larger inrush current, I decided to make a pre-charge circuit.
I discovered that the Batrium has a pre-charge functionality and was wondering if anyone has experience with it. Does it switch the pre-charge output always 0-5s (2s is standard) before switching the CriticalBatOk?

I am planning to make a PCB with the circuit in the picture below (I apologize for my handwriting):

image_gconat.jpg

Havent used it since in My world the breaker should not be enabled by batrium but by me. IF it disconnected it did it due to a reason and i want to investigate it first :)

daromer said:
Havent used it since in My world the breaker should not be enabled by batrium but by me. IF it disconnected it did it due to a reason and i want to investigate it first :)

I agree. That's why the breaker is not connected to any control logic. The relay sits behind it and is controlled by the BMS. If the breaker were to open, it would have to be reset by hand.

Below is the circuit diagram in a hopefully more legibleform.

image_snzzvd.jpg

Back