18650s supply UK

Hank

Hi,

I am looking for a supplierof 18650s batteries around south Lincolnshire area.Any one?

Regards,

Hank,

Hi Hank.
You need to be a bit more specific.
Are you after a few laptop packs to break apart, or already tested cells or new cells? Quantity? Few or thousands?
I'm UK based, Northumberland and my experience of obtaining good cells in UK is not good.
All the laptop packs on E-bay or overpriced and poor quality.
I resorted to buying modem packs from Battery Hookup and for that's a far better option for me to obtain as new cells that all test great.

cheers

Steve

solarsteve said:
Hi Hank.
Are you after a few laptop packs to break apart, or already tested cells or new cells? Quantity? Few or thousands?
I'm UK based, Northumberland and my experience of obtaining good cells in UK is not good.
I resorted to buying modem packs from Battery Hookup and for that's a far better option for me to obtain as new cells that all test great.

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am looking for recycling centre, scrap yard, or place where I can buy scrap laptop, bike batteries per kg.
I would like to build 10kWh battery storage system for my home usage. So I believe I need about 500-1000 scrap laptop batteries.

To be honest I have started breaking apart some laptop batteries, I have about 150 cells left to test. Results are really bad. I believe I have few options. First one is to buy some old laptop scrap batteries and continue breaking. Second is to buy two Tesla modules and brake them apart. Or third option is to buy brand new cels form Battery Hookup (mentioned by you), but the shipping cost is two times more than cost of the cells. Is it normal that delivery is so expensive?
So far I have asked all bike shops, mobility shops around me, and they refused to sell or give any scrap batteries. I will try local recycling centre next week (I was told they should be open from next week). Can I ask you what type of inverter/charger you have? I have PV solar panels fitted by Ashadegreener company , 9 years ago and I can only use AC coupled battery system. Is Sofar ME3000SP a good choice for me or can you recommend better device?

Regards,

Hank,

Hank said:
solarsteve said:
Hi Hank.

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am looking for recycling centre, scrap yard, or place where I can buy scrap laptop, bike batteries per kg.
I would like to build 10kWh battery storage system for my home usage. So I believe I need about 500-1000 scrap laptop batteries.

To be honest I have started breaking apart some laptop batteries, I have about 150 cells left to test. Results are really bad. I believe I have few options. First one is to buy some old laptop scrap batteries and continue breaking. Second is to buy two Tesla modules and brake them apart. Or third option is to buy brand new cels form Battery Hookup (mentioned by you), but the shipping cost is two times more than cost of the cells. Is it normal that delivery is so expensive?
So far I have asked all bike shops, mobility shops around me, and they refused to sell or give any scrap batteries. I will try local recycling centre next week (I was told they should be open from next week). Can I ask you what type of inverter/charger you have? I have PV solar panels fitted by Ashadegreener company , 9 years ago and I can only use AC coupled battery system. Is Sofar ME3000SP a good choice for me or can you recommend better device?

Regards,

Hank,
Hi again,
I went through the same scenario as you....its just a waste of time searching for packs at recycling centre's....I got the same response confronted with "The more than my jobs worth brigade" !!
Not sure how you are arriving at two times cost of cells for shipping from battery hookup?
You have to giggle around with pack numbers to get cheapest shipping and use Powerwall 10%discount code

Here's how mine worked out......55, 8 cell modem packs with discount were $217 , though I think they have gone up a little since then. 1st Feb
shipping was $127 and with customs and conversion to worked out at 81p for as new 2200 cells..........a bargain in my book and out of the 440 cells there were no bad ones
and lowest capacity was 2100 with most at 100%.
It will be cheaper to order bigger amount but if you work on 18 of the 8 cell modemlot units, that worked out best for me.
Can't advise on the inverter I'm afraid, but If you post a thread in charge controllers, and panel section, sure someone will advise

At the moment I'm running just 24v battery and 24v appliances where I can and cheap buck converters for things like 19.5v laptop, all lights and cell testing etc.
I'm in rented accommodation and only room for 6 ground mount panels, live alone and don't see the point in running invertor losses.....that may change if I get a big enough pack built.
cheers Steve

Back