looking for an inverter that I can control in realtime

pevzhangli

Hi everyone,

I am new here. There are tons of interesting and awesome stuff in here.

I am in the US and trying to DIY a grid-tied battery system that I can control.I am looking for a grid-tied inverter/charger that I can use a gateway to control the charge/discharge power in realtime. I have been atdifferent places online for the past few days and got no luck so far. Most applications I have seen are either self consumption or backup where the battery power is controlled by the load, or we can think about it is a passive control or load following. By controlling the battery power in realtime there would be more fun, and we can move the energy to when we want it to be. Hopefully this makes sense.

Really appreciate if you guys can point me to the right directions to find the inverter I want.

Thanks you.

You cannot controll energy going to an appliance. They take the energy they need and thats it.

Controlling max charge current, max back feed current and such you can do with all inverters with a proper interface. Why you would do that is something else.

Only thing i controll here is backfeed power to make sure i have 0 grid useage. (But im also approved to backfeed... )

I think what he's trying to say is maximizing his grid-tied inverter with his house loads. So if his house is using 3kw, the AC coupled inverter will output 3kw. That way if he decides at night to feed his house from battery, it doesn't just feed back into the grid if he programs it for 5kw yet he only uses 3kw and 2kw goes to the grid.

Most of us here don't AC couple, instead we typically set up a subpanel so only our inverter loads go through this subpanel, where all the critical loads run. So it's guaranteed to only use the inverter.

I know some people use the SUN GTIL2 with some feedback attached to with some CT current sensors on the main grid wire to limit this. But this is only a solar grid tie not battery.
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=2328

not2bme said:
............... some people use the SUN GTIL2 with some feedback attached to with some CT current sensors on the main grid wire to limit this. But this is only a solar grid tie not battery.

The SUN GTIL2 doeswork with batteriesand is quite adjustable. The CTs check the draw from the grid and adjust their output accordingly. I run 2 of them each one on their own leg L1 and L2. I am very happy with them and for me they are the perfect solution. Supplement my grid usage and avoid feeding back to it.(The Grid).
At this time they supplement ~50% of my power usage with a Pb battery48V system.
Soon I will have my PoweIRwall connected and should see that increase to 75% to 90% I hope

This screen shot was taken at 8:45 AM today with 71% cloud cover.

image_roonxw.jpg

Wolf

GTIL is though not allowed in many countries + its grid tie = you need approval. So if you dont care about the legal part its doable.

I do above with the MPP inverter legally. (As i said in my above post)

Back