3s4p design problem?

rct

Hi all many thanks for letting me join i have been into RC for well over 25 years and know my way around, i am building a FPV long range flying wing and am using 18650's that i have harvested from various places over the last few months.
I am having trouble building the pack i require so here goes.....

I need to arrange the cells to make a 3s4p like this......
image_aluanw.jpg
please ignore the +- as that is just me thinking out loud, could someone please help me design this pack?

Many thanks rct

Here you go.

You have 4 cells in parallel with 3 parallel cells in series
3s4p
10.8V nominal

image_xvmtdc.jpg

Wolf

So what is it you need?

What layout do you need Flat or like your end view? 2 high?
Also you are only showing 6 cells you need 12 or am I looking at the top view and there are another 6 underneath?
I assume you need end to end cells not side by side then.

Wolf

daromer said:
So what is it you need?

As per my post i need a 12v pack which is 2 cells long 3 cells wide and 2 cells deep.

rct

So what is it you want us to do? You already described what you needed so you already have your answer? Do you want someone to build it for you?

3s4p is 4 cells in parallel and then 3 of those in series. Just wire that up with the numbers you supplied. so on first row its 4 of those cells that is first pack. Then you take 2 cells from that row and 2 from the next forming next s. and the last 4 as last s.

daromer said:
So what is it you want us to do? You already described what you needed so you already have your answer? Do you want someone to build it for you?

3s4p is 4 cells in parallel and then 3 of those in series. Just wire that up with the numbers you supplied. so on first row its 4 of those cells that is first pack. Then you take 2 cells from that row and 2 from the next forming next s. and the last 4 as last s.

No thanks just could not visualise it in my head is all.
rct

Oki. My 3d skills are rather poor so someone else to draw it for ya :D

Reactions: rct
Just lay the cells out on the table in the correct orientation. You can use tape to bond the parallel cells together to get an easier idea of size and layout. Use masking tape so it's easier to remove, or electrical tape. Play with different designs.

Normally a pack design isn't dictated by the cell arrangement only, it often is dictated by the casing it needs to accommodate and the application required. We can give you ideas on design, but only you can implement the right one for you situation

What Kori said was what I was going to suggest lay them out in a 3s4p configuration and put strings or something to tie them together as they should be electrically.
Then fold and arrange the cells to your liking.

Wolf

image_adzztu.jpg

The first 4p group would be 2 deep by 2 wide connected in series to the second group of 4p 2d2w these groups would be inline connected in series to the third 4p group would be 2 cells deep and 2 cells long 2d x 2l would go on the side of the 2d2w groups?
Does that make sense?
later floyd

Back