Anyone from South Oz on here ?

ng.sa

G'Day Guys

I was hoping to find other alt. power DIYers on this forum.

TIA

NG

Redpacket said:
Well Oz here, but NSW...

G'Day Redpacket

With the china virus, everyone is now a 'long' way away from each other:)

I'm new to buying new 18650s and was wanting to get some advise about where to buy new bats. om Oz?

Maybe we should do this offline ?

PM me your email if you think that is best.

NG

Yeah COVID makes meet & greet difficult ;-)
If you're buying new for larger storage, you might want to look at larger formats, eg prismatic & LiFePo4 (what I've got)
18650's can be great when recycled, eg from e-bike packs, but new other types can be better.

What's the planned usage, etc?

Redpacket said:
If you're buying new for larger storage, you might want to look at larger formats, eg prismatic & LiFePo4 (what I've got)
18650's can be great when recycled, eg from e-bike packs, but new other types can be better.

What's the planned usage, etc?

How do you get a 'larger storage' amount of 18650s these days ?

This is why I have started to look into buying new, saves a lot of time going thru. laptop packs and finding none of them are any good.

I am looking at getting a few 21700s, but I would like to know if anyone hasany time tested experience with them.

Now that I have got my 12v/24v/240v fridge running happily on 24v 18650 7s packs, I'm looking at getting a A/C unit working on bat. charged via solar.

Charging is now quickly becoming my biggest issue, I use a 240vcharger once for new bats. and don't think 21700 will fit into any of my chargers.

NG

For test results, look for stuff by Thunderheart, he's done some great work.
Seems eBay is shutting down 18650 sales due to lots of scams (you don't want brands with "fire" in the name....)
If they are still selling them, I bought 10 Samsung cells from the eBay user "countryiloveyou2000" & they seemed good.

Redpacket said:
For test results, look for stuff by Thunderheart, he's done some great work.
Seems eBay is shutting down 18650 sales due to lots of scams (you don't want brands with "fire" in the name....)
If they are still selling them, I bought 10 Samsung cells from the eBay user "countryiloveyou2000" & they seemed good.

G'Day Redpacket

I will 'shadow'Thunderheart like a ninja :)
I found out the hard way about eBay & stopping 18650 sales, I'm waiting on approx. $1K CC credits ATM :huh:

I have heard about "Fire" a few years back and still managed to get burnt with my purchases in 2016-17, just not possibleto be tttttoooo careful.

This is why I'm looking for someone in SA who I can buy bats. from that are on spec. I now want to buy 100 every 7-14 days so I can get them all tested and working before I move onto next batch.

I have found a bat. selling in Nth Adel. for genuine Pana. / NCR ( incl. the hamburger )but he always wants cash, I think he might be importing more than bats.

NG

Bump ! ! !

I'm still looking for other Aussies from SA who Luv batteries

Back