I just cant do it, is way above my knowledge

nuno cesar

Hello.
So after consulting the forum i realize that is way to difficult and time consuming to try build a powerall.
i just dont have the knowledge to do this. i still dont get it how to connect cell in pararel and series. :huh: :s

Anyway i still be around collecting info and study more. At this moment i just dont fell confident.

Cheers

Unfortunately yes it do demand some knowledge and more importantly ALOT of time :)

Just flow around and read others posts and check youtube channels for inspiration and knowledge

What got me really started was seeing HBPowerwalls videos. Followed the link here, and gained TONS of knowledge. Plus many videos and articles later I have a much better understanding of what's going on.
Definitely not something you're gonna learn in a week.

Obviously it helps when you have some experience in any area related to tech, science, physics, electrics and so on. But if you don't, yeah it is science, but no rocket science. Most of it can be learned rather easily.

For example, serial and parallel connections. You have two cells, both have a negative and a positive terminal.
When you connect the negative terminal of cell #1 to the positive terminal of cell #2 then you have a serial connection. As a result you get increased, doubled, voltage across the positive terminal of cell #1 and the negative terminal of cell #2.
When you connect both positive and negative terminals of the cells then you get increased capacity across the common terminals and also the cells share the load current between them.

It always takes time though, that won't change with increasing knowledge.

nunocesar said:
Hello.
So after consulting the forum i realize that is way to difficult and time consuming to try build a powerall.
i just dont have the knowledge to do this. i still dont get it how to connect cell in pararel and series. :huh: :s

Anyway i still be around collecting info and study more. At this moment i just dont fell confident.

Cheers

Don't let it stop you. Six months ago I had no electronics knowledge....and now not much more :p

But you will pick it up. Youtube is a great classroom!

BTW, parallel increases capacity and series increases voltage. Seei I have learnt something ;)

Difficult? I don't really think so. But you do have to work hard! And definitely time consuming! Plan on endless nights and all weekends to test cells, then build packs! I just spent all day building 60 cell packs and I only managed to get 4 done. It's 1am right now and tired as heck!

Ya know, I'm starting to wonder if this was just a Troll call as the OP has yet to make a reply since the original posting. :s

Korishan said:
Ya know, I'm starting to wonder if this was just a Troll call as the OP has yet to make a reply since the original posting. :s

Good morning. Sorry no Troll. Unfortunatelyjust two baby boys very sick at home.
i know that are members were to help. It also helps to the OP is more active.
I have learn many thing consulting the forum, and i will try to be more active. Sorry. Please dont think im here to make you (the members of the forum) waste time.

nuno cesar said:
Good morning. Sorry no Troll. Unfortunatelyjust two baby boys very sick at home.
I have learn many thing consulting the forum, and i will try to be more active. Sorry. Please dont think im here to make you (the members of the forum) waste time.

Firstly, I hope they get well soon. Nothing much worse than a several sick kids at the same time.
Secondly, It's understandable to be busy. Life situations call our attention away a lot from the things we'd like to do.
Thirdly, thanks for the reply. Even if it is a short one. At least we now know you really are a person and not a bot, or someone just being a pain. :)

And lastly, Time is hard to come by at times. It can escape us very easily. So do what you can from day to day, or even week to week. It's taken me months to process several 100 cells. But, I'm in no rush, and I'm learning a lot along the way.

sdaromer said:
Unfortunately yes it do demand some knowledge and more importantly ALOT of time :)

Just flow around and read others posts and check youtube channels for inspiration and knowledge

It will be easy for me to purchase brand new cell, even if this option is much more ( and it will be ) expensive, because in the recycle center near were i live ( there is only one in the area) they never have laptop batteries. But they collect the batteries from the computers stores.
I wonder why :dodgy:
i have already start watchingyour youtube channel. :cool:

Korishan said:
What got me really started was seeing HBPowerwalls videos. Followed the link here, and gained TONS of knowledge. Plus many videos and articles later I have a much better understanding of what's going on.
Definitely not something you're gonna learn in a week.

Already seen some HBPowerwalls and they are impressive. I have a notebook( in paper, not a APPLE) and every time i see something interesting i take a note. Already have tonnes of notes.
Deffenitly it will take months to start building battery.

mike said:
There are plenty of us happy to help too if you have any specific questions :)

Thank you. I will ask for help, thats for shure. :D

DarkRaven said:
Obviously it helps when you have some experience in any area related to tech, science, physics, electrics and so on. But if you don't, yeah it is science, but no rocket science. Most of it can be learned rather easily.

For example, serial and parallel connections. You have two cells, both have a negative and a positive terminal.
When you connect the negative terminal of cell #1 to the positive terminal of cell #2 then you have a serial connection. As a result you get increased, doubled, voltage across the positive terminal of cell #1 and the negative terminal of cell #2.
When you connect both positive and negative terminals of the cells then you get increased capacity across the common terminals and also the cells share the load current between them.

It always takes time though, that won't change with increasing knowledge.

Parallel and serial connections im already starting to understand how it work, now my biggest issue is make a battery pack with parallel and serial connections :huh: all together.

Wattsup said:
nunocesar said:
Hello.

Cheers

Don't let it stop you. Six months ago I had no electronics knowledge....and now not much more :p

But you will pick it up. Youtube is a great classroom!

BTW, parallel increases capacity and series increases voltage. Seei I have learnt something ;)

I dont want to stop, but i admit that i was thinking to give up and buy a LG RESU insted. Of course it will be easier but, what is the fun of that?

Just give the FAQ a read thru. There are pictures depicting the parallel/serial connections, individually and together.

Chiptosser said:
Hang in there, everything will come together in time.
Just like children.

Thank you for the kind word. :)

DarkRaven said:
Dealing with two sick children is probably several orders of magnitude harder than learning how to build own batteries and stuff :)

Sick kids is so bad. Sometimes they suffer so much, but they handle the sickness so bravelly, if you know want i mean. we adults when are sick, complain a lot, but not them.
of course i rather be me sick than the kids.It broke my heart not been able to more that give them medicine ,and conforting them.

Korishan said:
nunocesar said:

Firstly, I hope they get well soon. Nothing much worse than a several sick kids at the same time.
Secondly, It's understandable to be busy. Life situations call our attention away a lot from the things we'd like to do.
Thirdly, thanks for the reply. Even if it is a short one. At least we now know you really are a person and not a bot, or someone just being a pain. :)

And lastly, Time is hard to come by at times. It can escape us very easily. So do what you can from day to day, or even week to week. It's taken me months to process several 100 cells. But, I'm in no rush, and I'm learning a lot along the way.
SSHHIIUUU I was at work when reply, had to be fast. :rolleyes:

I really hope they get better soon because they are very sick. my yougest have bronchiolitis and is so hard to him when he coughs, and the older have otitis, and well, is painfull.

Korishan said:
Just give the FAQ a read thru. There are pictures depicting the parallel/serial connections, individually and together.

i will. Thank you

Back