NiceHash Connection Issues

Korishan

Administrator
Anyone else who's using NiceHash having issues connecting to any of the servers? I've tried several different things, including changing to other servers, and getting no where. I'm getting everything from Connection Denied, Reset by Peer, No Such Hostname, Connection Timeout, etc, etc.

I've put a support ticket in, but they haven't responded yet. I just keep adding screen capture text every few hours to show updates.

Odd thing is that sometimes I can switch from USA to Amsterdam or Japan and it'll start to work for awhile. Then, it'll bomb out and I can sometimes change to another server and reconnects; other times nothing.
Sometimes it'll be connected, run fine, then start getting connection issues, then have a few good hashes, then connection issue, etc, etc.

Any ideas?
I've rebooted the routers, cable modem, computers and held my tongue in different positions. Nothing works. I have fine internet access doing other things and pings to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 is <25ms. But pinging the NH crypto servers they are in excess of 100ms, sometimes 300ms

This all started about a day and a half ago. I was able to get my local computer connected last night. It ran all night. My other rig wouldn't connect at all. This morning (about 7am EST)it connected. They both ran fine till about 11:10am EST and bombed on all servers.

Ok, so what is YOUR_PAYMENT_ID ????

YOUR_ETN_ADDRESS.YOUR_PAYMENT_ID.YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL

Would that be
GibberishWalletAddress.Korishan.1/korishantalshin@gmail.com ???

I try to do the Monero(XMR) and I keep getting a Wrong Monero Wallet Address.
I went to MyMonero.com and created an account. But no matter which one I use, it complains about it.

Update:
I was able to run the CPU version, and it loaded without errors. When I run the GPU version, it says invalid Wallet Address.

Update 2:
Ok, got it. I didn't realize you had to put the Wallet/Worker/Email in 3 different locations :p

Hrmm, maybe I don't have it. :s

I'm so confused with all this manual setting stuff. I even followed the YT examples and it doesn't seem to be much help

I am also in Florida and using nicehash I can connect and am running. I get a socket error about every 15 minutes and it just automatically reconnects and keeps going.

I am seeing 12.3 MH/s (Daggerhashimoto) on my ROG laptop out of the box while reading this website

That is weird. :( I dunno what's up with all that, then. It is certainly mind boggling. Nothing has changed on my system as far as I can tell. Unless NH is blocking my connections for some reason.

Maybe I'll try a proxy and see if that fixes the issues.......

Update1: Set up Proxy connection. Seems to be working currently. But, so is my other rig which I didn't set its proxy yet. So, time will tell now.

Update2: Only 15 minutes later, and my local system started getting stopped. I changed to Amsterdam and it's running. Probably only last another 15 minutes before it dies too :mad: :mad:

What really stinks is that I finally got my lousy old cards tweaked where I can get $60+ month, which covers the cost of their power and then some. Now this is starting to happen and I'm not gaining anything.

Hrmm, here's an interesting one:

Code:
[2018-01-09 19:37:51] : SOCKET ERROR - [cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355] RECEIVE error: socket closed
[2018-01-09 19:37:51] : All pools are dead. Idling...

Now, could the reason I'm getting disconnects is because of the difficulty I'm hashing at and there aren't many hashes for my speed of system? I got the above error once, then it reconnected about 20second later and continued on.

Korishan said:
Hrmm, here's an interesting one:

Code:
[2018-01-09 19:37:51] : SOCKET ERROR - [cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355] RECEIVE error: socket closed
[2018-01-09 19:37:51] : All pools are dead. Idling...

Now, could the reason I'm getting disconnects is because of the difficulty I'm hashing at and there aren't many hashes for my speed of system? I got the above error once, then it reconnected about 20second later and continued on.

I had the same mistake. Then I changed the places ( USA, Europe ....)and it was a while long (1H or 2H). Be there today 12.01.2018 it has already 24 hours without problems. Maybe there was too much going on 10. and 11.01.2018

It happens on all servers. Not sure why. NH hasn't responded to any inquiries, and there's even questions about it in the GitHub repo.

So, what I've done is set up the USA NH as my primary server, the other locations as my 2nd - 5th, and set Nanopool as my last server. And then I ran the scripts manually (only problem is, I need a Watchdog to make sure they stay running 100%; sometimes they die and dont restart). It starts on NH and when it starts getting connection errors on USA, it switches over to next in line, and keep going till it doesn't receive connection errors. I'll keep trying NH server until it finds a connection. Going to the NH dashboard, I can see that it'll make a few connections for about 15mins every now and again throughout the day.
I'm going to mine NH pool until I get the buyout amount, then move everything over to NP. NP has a slightly higher fee, but it's up almost 100% and I don't have any connection issues.
Maybe after I get my faster cards, I'll try NH again and see if that makes a difference.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that either NH is detecting the speed at which I can mine and is restricting my access, or because of the speed of the cards I'm put into a small pool with other slow miners and there isn't enough for everyone to be mining at the same time or just not enough transactions at this speed.

I dunno. Either way, or some other way, it's quite annoying. Especially since NH refuses to answer what's going on. What ever the issue, it's quite obvious they are disconnecting me, and it's not some issue with latency or internet issues.

Back