Send us a pic of what you actually got.

image_ltakbf.jpg

image_tlezrg.jpg

27711315_1943576912336612_1316176878_o.jpg

27659079_1943576942336609_126117384_n.jpg

Wattsup said:
AntnioPereira said:
Hi, I ordered this bms from china:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48V-13S-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The thing is, instead of sending me a 13s bms they sent me a 14s. Can I still use the bms by justleaving the 14th connector disconnected?

I would make a 14s battery instead but I already have a charger for 13s.

The ebay listing does say it's a13s bms?
Yes, the listing does say it's a 13s board but I got a 14 instead.

It might work but it may be looking for higher voltages. IE it may shutdown when still not empty or keep charging over the max 54.6V I would contact the seller about this

AntnioPereira said:
Wattsup said:
AntnioPereira said:
Hi, I ordered this bms from china:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48V-13S-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The thing is, instead of sending me a 13s bms they sent me a 14s. Can I still use the bms by justleaving the 14th connector disconnected?

I would make a 14s battery instead but I already have a charger for 13s.

The ebay listing does say it's a13s bms?
Yes, the listing does say it's a 13s board but I got a 14 instead.

Sorry I didn't read your post properly :shy:

jdeadman said:
It might work but it may be looking for higher voltages. IE it may shutdown when still not empty or keep charging over the max 54.6V I would contact the seller about this

I have but comunication has been dreadful, and he is only replying one message per day...

Some bms's will work with different Xs configurations than max. This is accomplished by shorting out two neighboring connections. So, it's possible to short out wire #13 and #14 together and that tells the bms to keep going. I'm not sure as I don't know the documentation for that board.
Some post the shorting pattern for taking a 14s and changing to a 9s. They'd short wires #2 and #3, #4 and #5, #7 and #9, #12 and #13 to go from 14s to 9s, for example.
The bms is looking for voltage on all wires, and I suppose this kinda "tricks" the bms into thinking there are 14 there even though there's not.

Well, the seller said they asked the supplier and they said it can be used on a 13s battery they say simply to not connect the 14th wire. I'll have to give it a go once I make the battery.

Test it and see. If not just ask for refund. Nothing to argue with the seller. The ad is wrong if it says 13s and you got 14s. Stop wasting time with messages back and forth and just have a refund request. Many sellers utilize that to just get more time and perhaps tire out people :)

Just a little update on this, so I finally finished my battery and it turns out that the 14s BMS seems to be working on a 13s setup by just leaving the 14th wire disconnected. I still have to test further (discharging/charging through the BMS) but at least it's working for now.

AntnioPereira said:
Just a little update on this, so I finally finished my battery and it turns out that the 14s BMS seems to be working on a 13s setup by just leaving the 14th wire disconnected. I still have to test further (discharging/charging through the BMS) but at least it's working for now.

Hello!A year has gone, can you share your experience? I bought same BMS, and have 13s4p battery. I tried leaving the 14th wire disconnected but BMS cutoff the circuit when I connected it to a consumer. I also tried to short circuit13-14th wiresbattery worked butdidn't charge...

Then try. IF it burns its full refund

Antnio Pereira said:
Well, the seller said they asked the supplier and they said it can be used on a 13s battery they say simply to not connect the 14th wire. I'll have to give it a go once I make the battery.

Did you make it work ?

Back