Video/Stream notification in header?

Travis Watson

It might be nice to have a header feed from forum members (maybe some reputation/privilege threshold) so folks see on this page when people upload new videos or go live streaming. YouTube notifications aren't perfect, and it's hard to crawl the forum and find everyone's channel.

I don't even know if this is possible, more like something I'd really like to benefit from if it's doable.

Interesting idea. Given YouTube has recently changed their policy. Read Mikes post.

Perhaps a sticky thread in the YouTube videos category is in order.

I don't put near the effort I should into life feed notifications or pre-arranging a time I'll do them. I like the 'what the hell I'll live for a while' better than i'll be there at Six...

That would be an excellent reason to have a "HBPowerwalls is LIVE now on Youtube!" link that would show up at the top of the main page ;)

I personally turn off all email notifications. I get enough stuff coming in to give me that "Do do do-DO" when I get mail as it is. It'd get lost, well, in the mail for me :p

But, just to clarify, I don't normally use any notifications as I am constantly checking everything anyways. So, it doesn't matter either way for me, personally. I'm just an idea man ;)

Could get email notifications via YouTube if you want them. This is more about just browsing around the forum and notice "oh hey, live stream. Sure I'll pull that up in another tab" and keep browsing at the same time.

Also another reason to keep our eyes on the forum :)

No email notification here. It goes to trash :)
I get my notifications via Youtube and the bell and it works fine i would say? :) Atleast I got notified as long as I dont have my phone muted.

And to reiterate, it's not only about notification, it's also about discovery. Folks will only get notifications if they've subscribed to you, but there are plenty of active forum members (and visitors) all the time.

Yes, there are YouTube channel links all over the place on the forum, but it's certainly not easy to find/assimilate.

Should I test now?

Back