Hashing with Batteries!

hbpowerwall

Administrator
Solar Crypto Mining is sorted

Been slack but finally got my BatteryHasher cracking, need to load test the DC to DC converter that I'm using its an eBay job, 730watts 48v to 12v converter
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/48V-to-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

image_qdzqvf.jpg

Running an old mainboard with a RX470 Card for now & if it works i'll go to three RX580 8gig cards

image_odpptl.jpg

This pic is a bit old now but the only one i have, card has been changed and cleaned up a bit but bloody happy so far.

image_qavwfu.jpg

Very Nice. Pete

What is step down converter that you have plugged into the power connector of the Motherboard? Ie Model that's a great way to get all of the different voltages to the motherboard

I use one of these PICO'shttps://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-DC-12V-250W-24Pin-ATX-Power-Supply-Switch-Pico-PSU-mini-ATOM-HTPC-ITX-PICO/152825236247?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 that some community members recommended, also found that some of the larger cloud mining companies also use them with there server powersupplies to run their rigs also.

After a few hours run time looks like there will be an extra three months or so ROI about 2 dollars a day income for a 200 dollar outlay aussie dollars.

image_htjyjz.jpg

image_vieemf.jpg

I have to ask, why is there only one fan on that card?

Cuz the other one died and he didn't put the replacement on it yet ;)

Yes, was waiting on new ones - that's this weeks task! They sent the wrong 'stud pattern' on the fan mounts so will have to mod everyone but the upside is they have a fatter motor and wider blads and blow heaps more air at lower rpm

The project is progressing well she's all up and running and I'm stoked so far!!

Version 2.0 is here and 3 is on its way!

I wonder how practical this idea is long-term:)

Input - 5.75A @ 53.62V = 308.32W, Output - 21.8A @ 12.3V = 268.14W, Efficiency is 268.14 / 308.32 = 86.96% efficient

thanks for mathing Korishan :)

Just found your page via the article from last year at futurism.
And have to admit -I am impressed. The miner extension is a really nice add-on!

Cheers Ben

Unfortunately, it's not going as expected to due to mother nature doing her thing. Weeks of bad weather and batteries are going flat halfway through the night every other night lately i think i only got another 20 hours of hashing since i released the video - but still trying to make it better :)

You need to set up a wind turbine to help when the sun gets low and during the night. Every little bit helps ;)

amount of wind v cost isn't worth it - then add the council regulations and i'd rather not bother. That said I have asked for a sponsored turbine - but I think it's value was out side their planed budgets lol

ROFL!! Sponsored from whom? The power company? If so, I bet! :p

WOW! Almost $800. You dream big :p Gotta start somewhere, I suppose ;)

they say ask for anything lol so i do ..

Have you considered lowering the clock speed and voltage to reduce power consumption. Given your power is 'free', I would consider the benefit being that your miner could run all night, and the hardware would last longer.

I do this to my R9-290x when playing older games. I don't remember the exact figure, but it was impressive, somewhere about 30% loss in performance for 50% less power.

Back