Multiple Sun-1000GTLI inverters and Monitoring

Solardad

Anyone have multiple SunG 1000 or 2000winverters setup and are monitoring them?

I have two Sun-1000gtlifor each leg of my electrical panel, split phase (in us).

I do not have the wi-fi units and was thinking of getting them but the cost seems steep given the cost of the inverter, $70 vs. $250.

What are folks doing? My inverter manual lists a 'wi-fi rtu' unit that supposedly can monitor multiple inverters but I have been unable to find it available for sale. That would be ideal vs. buying two wifi plugins.

wi-fi rtu

Thanks

Has anyone extended the limiter clip on sensor cable?
I wonder how much long it cold be without giving bad readings.
Ive got one but i have it disconnected at the moment and plan on getting a second one
so i hope someone has an answer to your question !

Solardad said:
Solardad.
As you know I do have just one GTIL 10000 and I did get the Wifi module to monitor it.
It works great but I will be using the IoTaWatt for future monitoring as it will monitor my Grid usage and my Output from the GTIL 1000 along with 10 other circuits.
BTW I will be getting another GTIL1000 just like you and instead of it feeding both legs of my grid right now I will split them for more accurate L1 and L2 power distribution.
Gato said:
Ive got one but i have it disconnected at the moment and plan on getting a second one
Gato,

Yes they can be extended as long as you use a shielded cable. It needs to be twisted pair with shield. Instuctions on how to do it are herehttps://learn.openenergymonitor.org/electricity-monitoring/ct-sensors/extending-ct-cable

Wolf

Gato said:

I read somewhere 30m is the suggested max. You could just do a test to confirm. I recently bought some larger ct clamps, 16mm, to be able to monitor my main panel, about 70 from the inverters. Ill send out an update once installed.

Wolf said:
Solardad said:
Solardad.
As you know I do have just one GTIL 10000 and I did get the Wifi module to monitor it.
It works great but I will be using the IoTaWatt for future monitoring as it will monitor my Grid usage and my Output from the GTIL 1000 along with 10 other circuits.
BTW I will be getting another GTIL1000 just like you and instead of it feeding both legs of my grid right now I will split them for more accurate L1 and L2 power distribution.
Gato said:
Gato,

Yes they can be extended as long as you use a shielded cable. It needs to be twisted pair with shield. Instuctions on how to do it are herehttps://learn.openenergymonitor.org/electricity-monitoring/ct-sensors/extending-ct-cable

Wolf
Hi wolf - I actually have my two on separate legs of my sub panel and not one monitoring both legs (which I think is not possible).

I may get two more and have two per leg, similar to this setup:

Good luck with the iotawatt
https://youtu.be/zVZPz9Kt8n8

Solardad said:
Hi wolf - I actually have my two on separate legs of my sub panel and not one monitoring both legs (which I think is not possible).

I may get two more and have two per leg, similar to this setup:

Good luck with the iotawatt
https://youtu.be/zVZPz9Kt8n8

I Plan on doing that to. 1 CT per GTIL

Wolf

it has rs232 port any one grabbing data from these out puts and displaying using raspberry pie?

Back