CanispaterChristmas DIY Powerwall

jeffl98

I have a YouTube channel that started out covering the basics of computerized lighting displays and found the DIY Powerwall community last year and decided to build one. I'm documenting the process on my channel and (in my style) trying to cover the basics as I go along. The project is not complete yet so those of you that prefer to binge the entire project, hold off a bit, but I am putting all the episodes in a playlist so you can binge when it's completed. Here's the first video covering the overall project.

Here's the playlist:DIY Powerwall Playlist

Jeff

Liked your video style bud - subbed

EP2 ::)

THANKS PETE!

I'M NOT WORTHY... I'M NOT WORTHY... LOL!

I'll post the rest up here with the descriptions.

Jeff

I walk through my (daromer's)cell processing process to sort cells into groups.

Power2Spare has large, brushless fans for keeping the Opus BT-C3100s cool while you are processing cells. They cut the cycle time down vs the stock fans and work even better on the 1,000 mAh setting. The mod is simple, but I did have issues. Also shows test results.

Ive been subbed to him for a while now.. really like his videos and the ways he approaches things.. have learned quite a bit from his channel.. keep up the good work man.. ???

I've made some progress, had some hiccups and Tom has some headway cells if you're looking for some. I'm working on several powerwall videos and hope to have them done soon. Storm season is approaching!

??DIY Powerwall Project - ep8 - Average Build (2019) ??

Second cell pack was a doosey. Placed an order, changed my mind, but think I finally figured it out.

Synchronizing your spot welds to the music shows serious dedication to your videos. Well done. :)

Happy Star Wars Day! As a safety measure, I got some acrylic panels to put on the outside of the packs to keep from shorting them out if they touch each other once connected.

Reactions: wim
Explaining what a BMS is and does and shows a couple of demos on a small system. The BMS from Batrium is well-built and loaded with features.

jeffl98 said:
Explaining what a BMS is and does and shows a couple of demos on a small system. The BMS from Batrium is well-built and loaded with features.

Loved this video! You hit the nail on the head with theBatrium / MQTT / Home Assistant 3-some. I'm planning on a very similar set up once I can get my hands on some batteries. (Can't freaking find any!!)I've been running Home Assistant for nearly 2 years now and its really a powerful piece of software and could be very useful to the DIY Powerwall crowd, especially withNodeRed.I'm surprised I don't see more people on this board talking about it.

I know some people might find the software side of this hobby to be a little dry or boring but I'd love for you to drive deeper. Do you plan to tie your inverter into Home Assistant aswell?

BmoreThor said:
I know some people might find the software side of this hobby to be a little dry or boring but I'd love for you to drive deeper. Do you plan to tie your inverter into Home Assistant aswell?
Thanks! Yes. In Daniel's video he also talks about SolarSIS which is the inverter side of it, but I haven't looked at that yet. It's included in the image he talks about and has available and I believe it's a different GitHub repo. [not sure about that tho]That will most likely be a post "switch ON" video.:)

Back