Anyone knows these cells?

mixedbrasil2014

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place and by my English (I'm using a translator), does anyone have information about these cells that I just removed from a notebook battery? I removed the label from one of the cells and have nothing written directly in the cell.

image_swgmfy.jpg

image_zoubhz.jpg

image_bvdzws.jpg

Thanks for your help.

About the only information I can find is some company details for HYB in China.

According to the data on the pack the cells should be rated to 2200mah. However, they may be nasty generic cells too.

I would test them, and if they are any good, perhaps use them in a USB power bank or other small projects. I wouldn't use them in a larger pack.

Can you post a pic with the actual markings ?
There's also a canadian model of identical color.

Overmind said:
I doubt that they are Canadinan cells. Kind of defeats the purpose. China importing cells from Canada and then building packs to sell back to the western market. But who knows.

image_hltdlc.jpg

Wolf

Overmind said:

Sorry, my English is not the best and the translator makes no sense to me, what do you mean by "actual markings"?

@mixedbrasil2014 I mean what is written on them (the text).

@Wolf most (if not all) notebook batteries of the big brands like Acer, Dell, MSI, Samsung , etc. are assembled in China but all use authentic cells. Unless the whole notebook is faked, the cells are original.

Ripping cells from notebook batteries practically guarantees that the cells are original.

Overmind said:
@mixedbrasil2014 I mean what is written on them (the text).

All cells have the same text "8E10731588", the second number is different in all, possibly serial number!?

image_gnlraz.jpg

image_efgsjs.jpg

Today I opened another notebook battery and I found other cells that I did not find information about them, they all have the same text "LLSFJ12" and the numbers below this are different in all, the bottom of them has the letter "F", the label has the text "M03A".

image_jfxoct.jpg

image_rqdtpa.jpg

image_mdumfx.jpg

image_wfbnem.jpg

image_pqayir.jpg

image_bqktop.jpg

The reason I'm looking for information on these cells is that last year I took to charge some cells of notebook battery, spent hours and nothing to finish charging, so I gave up and when I went to get them out of the charger they were very hot, I did not find information about the cells, and I no longer have them to take a picture, but in the notebook's service manual specifies that there is a choice of 4V cells, before that I thought that all 18650 were 4.2V.

mixedbrasil2014 said:
Today I opened another notebook battery and I found other cells that I did not find information about them, they all have the same text "LLSFJ12" and the numbers below this are different in all, the bottom of them has the letter "F", the label has the text "M03A".
The red ones appear to be Sanyo UR18650F. What color is the insulator ring?

You really should not undress the batteries like that as that can be VERYdangerous. Also your nickel strip trimming needs to improve dramatically all it takes is for that positive nickel strip to contact the body of that batterie and if the battery has a good charge on it there will be sparks flames and possibly a fire.

Wolf

Wolf said:
The red ones appear to be Sanyo UR18650F. What color is the insulator ring?

Red too:

image_naljtq.jpg

Wolf said:
You really should not undress the batteries like that as that can be VERYdangerous. Also your nickel strip trimming needs to improve dramatically all it takes is for that positive nickel strip to contact the body of that batterie and if the battery has a good charge on it there will be sparks flames and possibly a fire.

Wolf

Before I removed the label, I checked the voltage and it was 0V, before I tried to charge (with 3V 100mA) I put the label back temporarily, if the battery was good I would put a shrink tube.

Before I removed the label, I checked the voltage and it was 0V, before I tried to charge (with 3V 100mA) I put the label back temporarily, if the battery was good I would put a shrink tube.
Whew good OK I was worried.

Red or almost a reddish orange probably aUR18650FJ

Wolf

If you care at all about your life, i strongly urge you to stop what youre doing and do some further research into how to properly handle these batteries.
2 or 3 in series not a huge deal but start stacking them and you're not gonna be a happy camper.
For your own good, please stop with the unwrapped cells

Back