Can this be dangerous?

Iker138

Hello to all, first of all sorry for my english.

I was soldering the celss, when a bit of solder enter in the hole of positive side?

This can do a shortcircuit?

Thanks to all.

If the cell was fully charged and the lead did not melt you don't have a short circuit.
I did this on purpose, it was funny how the lead become red glowing hot.
But beware of the lead fumes, red glowing lead is above 800c
Molten lead start to fume at 600c

But frankly i don't think you have a short circuit.
Remove the lead/solder and check the cell for voltige.
Next time be more careful, :)

If solder has entered through this hole:

image_imgwmg.jpg

it would be a bad idea to use that cell, imho. Unless you can make absolutely sure you got all the solder out it a source of a potential short and could happen at the worst time.

I personally would not use a cell that has gotten solder into this area on the cell.

Ditch the cells if you have gotten solder inside. You can potentially have harmed the functionality of CID (if it have cid) or any other damage that you cannot see.

It can certainly do a SC, but if it did not instantly happen, you then have 2 situations: solder is not loose (which is fine) and solder is loose, which may cause SC if you move the cell. Of course the not loose one can in theory get free and cause bad things; it's something that depends on the quality of the material used, where exactly it landed and the temperature it did at.

The area in Korishan's picture is usually a + area only, but there is the danger of reaching a border, where it can connect to the -.

Back