iCharger X6

WuggyBuggy

Also posted on Facebook.

iCharger X6:

Just a heads up.

DONT LEAVE THIS IN YOUR HOUSE unattended.

I was regenerative charging my 1s200p bank up to 3,8V with my 4s200p bank.

The icharger X6 kept on banging power into the batteri at 3,8V (Cut-off value), and didn't disconnect. It appears that the iCharger somehow had a shortage. My 1s200p were at 3,8v and my 4s200p were at 11v! Down from 14v!!!!

You do not provide sufficient information in order to investigate this.
It may or may not be the fault of the charger.

The Charger did what it was suppose to. It Will push current into it untill CC settings is reached and CV is hels. The input part need to have a voltage limit set.

Have you set that limit ? If its same as the duo models you can set that.

Note that you dont create fire by discharging a pack unless you Short it

IF you dont above Will happen.

Yes I've set the high and low voltage. Been using the iCharger x6 for 3-4 months. Also used balance leads. Did EVERYTHING by the book. :)

This day it made loud pop noises. So something was obviously wrong with the device. Sadly I'm not quite sure, how to open it. I seen it in a movie at some point. But I can't remember the auther.

It was just a warning... dont trust it. :) Maybe not a fire, but it will wreck your packs :p

WuggyBuggy said:
Yes I've set the high and low voltage. Been using the iCharger x6 for 3-4 months. Also used balance leads. Did EVERYTHING by the book. :)

This day it made loud pop noises. So something was obviously wrong with the device. Sadly I'm not quite sure, how to open it. I seen it in a movie at some point. But I can't remember the auther.

It was just a warning... dont trust it. :) Maybe not a fire, but it will wreck your packs :p

There are several things that could have happened. All electronics can fail. Given the complexity of such a charger, it could have been caused by any number of things. Most likely a glitch in the microcontroller. Or perhaps you stumbled apon a bug in the software.

It is important to remember, in any case, no matter what the device, things can go wrong. Many large projects on this forum likely have more than one line of defense. For example, there is a Batrium to monitor the batteries, and low voltage and over voltage protection in the charge controller, and inverter. So there is a level of redundancy in case one system fails.

As far as battery safety goes, call me paranoid, but I don't even leave my mobile phone charging unattended.

Back