spreadsheet for cell info?

jon218white

hello
im just beginning collecting cells have a couple of hundred now just starting to test them does anybody have a good spreadsheet to jot down each cells data
thanks

I write capacity on the cell in 100mah Range or just put them into such bin :)

I write the capacity on the cell then recharge it. Once it sits for Over a Month or 2 I check the voltage and then just open a blank excel worksheet and start entering the cells into a list that are over 4.1V. Then organize it into bins of 50mAh separation.

I do write the Exact cell capacity into excel but now that I have gone through more than 4000 cells looking for the exact one that repackr shows I have now started to just count the number of the specific bin I need and dont worry about the exact number Make for much faster building

thanks i plan to take random checks over a period, and see how much they degenerate

I use a sharpie to write down the mah onto the cell, then into a box fully charged for a month or two - then retest & sort into 100mah groups for larger packs or use repacker for smaller battery builds.

Here is what I have been working on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OxDgq43spSaQ-j5_UM0xTKQGIjvhDlRU

Left most of my data in there for you to check out.

Ctrl+S to enter cell data ... it's easy for me to use :)

Ctrl+D to enter date information. I know there are bugs but it's what I could figure out so far.

The field to the right of the "Clone" and "New Cell" button determines how many ..... new or clones
Nice thing about Excel is it easy to manipulate vs web forms.

I decided to not worry so much about exact initial voltage so made some quick click buttons.

I like the ability to click on "Cell #" and using the up/down arrows. It actually moves you up and down the excel sheet. so up is a lowering of the number (kinda counter intuitive) but logical.

Enjoy

Wolf already posted a link to the sheet I'm using, Daromer has posted his harvestingflow chart several times across the forum which , if you haven't read yet,is a great place to start.

I've found it absolutely necessary to work out a system in order to quickly and accurately log cell information (I have minimal free time at home). This has led to a couple pieces of kit to facilitate an orderly process.If you check out my google drive (link in signature) I've got photos of my resting setup, and a box to maintain cell order, both are based on the cheap and available cell holders.

My process is:
I use a YR1030 to measure the voltage and IR of each cell,write that on the cell, and then put the cell into the "inbox". Then, when the cell is going to be charged, I put four cells into the charger (Opus) andenter the voltage,IR, and cell model for each cellinto the spreadsheet. I always work from left to right on the charger.Once the cells aredone charging I write down the capacity measurement on the cell and log it in the spreadsheet, then put the cells in the resting setup. The resting setup has 24 columns, two for each day of the week in a 2 week (14 day) cycle, one column each day for the morning charge, and one for the evening charge.Working from left to right on the charger I pull the cell and place it from top to bottom in the resting setup in the columncorresponding to the correcttest slot (day of the week/time of day). If I miss a charging time I just skip a column in the resting set-up. I progress through the resting setup each day of the week, measuring the resting voltage of the cell that is 14 days old, and placing new cells in t rest. When I measure the 14-day resting voltage I enter that value in the spreadsheet.The spreadsheet is set up to flag if the cell passes all criteriaor not. Pass conditions are >2000mah, >80% remaining capacity, and 14 day resting voltage >4.12V. If the cell passes, I assign it a project cell number, and then place that cell in the next position inthe current order box. The order box is a 10x10 grid of cell holders so I can store 100 cells at a time and easily locate a cell within the grid (I number the 10's and 1's columns).

It's taken a bit for me to refine my process to this point, but now I can process8 cells a day while logging all the data I'm interesting in, in less than 10 minutesand keep those cells in an exact, easily searchable, order for later use. If I can keep up the pace of 8 cells a day for at least 300 days in a year I will have tested 2400 cells, and while I'm not currently screening cells based on IR, if I had the supply to do so and still keep up, you'd likely have nearly 100% cell pass rate, easily enoughfor a 14s150p wall.

8 cell per day isnt much but perhaps enough. I do 80 per day in under 10 minutes in terms of pure testing. Then it takes me around 15 minutes to crack open and clean 80 cells so a total of 25 min per day at most when doing 80 cells per day is my current pace.

daromer said:
8 cell per day isnt much but perhaps enough. I do 80 per day in under 10 minutes in terms of pure testing. Then it takes me around 15 minutes to crack open and clean 80 cells so a total of 25 min per day at most when doing 80 cells per day is my current pace.

pure testing doesn't take up the time,recording the data and keeping the cells in order once uniquely identified is what takes the time. I think you've shown that unique ID is not necessary for functional walls, binning and building on a 100mAH resolution will result in a completelyacceptable product. I'm choosing to go the extra distance for tighter pack balancing and it adds to the processing time.

its a bit weird, been testing some sanyos, original capacity 2500, im getting tested 2596ma, 2664ma why is this?

thanks interesting

Because it's possible a cell can be better than spec'd. It's also possible that your tester is misreading. Are you testing via discharge or charge? If testing during charge, the tester is including current that is being wasted as heat.

Jonisingt35r said:
its a bit weird, been testing some sanyos, original capacity 2500, im getting tested 2596ma, 2664ma why is this?
Jonisingt35r,

No not weirdat all.

It all depends on the battery condition and the charger/tester you are using.
If you have a Sanyo UR18650F and the IR is <50m? then these readings can certainly be seen.
If you are using an Opus, LiitoKala or god forbid a Zanflarethen your readings will be inflated by 2% to 3% on Opus, 5% on the LiitoKala and 10% on the Zanflare.
Also if it is a UR18650F then the spec for its typical capacity is 2600mAh.

image_poqwgv.jpg

I do not have any UR18650F cells buthave tested and recorded 641UR18650FMs with similar specs and out of those 44cells where over 100% of nominal. So no not weird at all.
Wolf

image_qypqqh.jpg

Jonisingt35r said:

thanks interesting

I have seen this on cells that have also have higher IR. What I have noticed is that the discharger will discharge below 3v.
I still record the results but will filter them out for further testing. Most likely will use them in an LED flashlight application only.

They will cause the pack to have an imbalance.

Not sure if it helps anyone, but I've been serializing my cells by a 3-alphanumeric identifier (36^3 = 46.6k cells, more than I'd ever use). I draw a line under characters, and no line for digits. I also still write the capacity and IR on each cell, so if something gets smudged it's easy enough to uniquely identify the cell.

Example:

image_ciqyae.jpg

Back