Tesla module with SimpleBMS settings

Seawater

Hello

I have 4 Tesla Model S modules. I am going to have a 48V setup.
I am usingSimpleBMS to control Victron Inverter and MPPT.
Can anyone help me by reviewing mysettings for the BMS?

1 Over Voltage Setpoint = Overvoltage limit per cell in mV 4200mV
2 Under Voltage Setpoint = Under-voltage limit per cell in mV 3000mV

3 Over Temperature Setpoint = Setpoint at which allowed discharge and charge current is reduced to zero 65.00C

4 - Under Temperature Setpoint = Setpoint at which allowed discharge and charge current is reduced to zero -10.00C

5 Balance Voltage Setpoint = Setpoint of cell voltage in mV at which during charging cells will start balancing. 3.900mV
6 Balance Voltage Hysteresis = Voltage required to be above the lowest cell to allow balancing of cell in mV 40mV

7 Battery Capacity = each group of parallel cells monitored per slave capacity in Ah 100
8 Max Discharge = maximum discharge current in A, transmitted current limit will taper from max current starting at discharge temp to zero at over temperature. 30.00A
9 discharge voltage limit = used to calculate max discharge setpoint, voltage per cell will get converted to pack level by BMS 3200mV

Hello Seawater, I sent you a PM, best Carel Hassink

Hi, I'm setting up a similar setup with 2 tesla modules in parallel for a 24V ESSsystemand am having trouble finding some of the info for these settings as well.

For the max discharge is that per module or for the entire pack?
I've seen discharge current listed as 1C / 233A continuous for these but wasn't sure if that's with the liquid cooling setup which I won't have. Was hoping to draw 150A from these as a pack.

Eli, seldom seen an inverter that can do 150A draw,
but no harm done to set it to 150A, the limitation is given by your inverter.

What model and brand is it?? a Victron make perhaps

Carel

That's right, I'm using 2 Victron Multiplus 3000s in a split phase setup. Thanks for the quick response!

Just to make sure do you know if that's 150A for each module giving 300A total?

Looks like it's a 70A charge max from that document, discharge though I should be able to draw 3kW continuous (peak is 6kW)on battery which I assume should give 3000kW/24V=125A per Multiplus. The install manual also recommneds a 300A fuse on the battery.

I don't anticipate our loads going over 2-3kW so 150A should work fine.

Thanks again!

Back