Howdy from Central Texas

TxFarmBoy

Howdy yall

My first foray into lithium was when I quit smoking and switched to vaping. Fast forward to the present and I just shucked out my first 150 LG 2600mah cells from BatteryHookup modem batteries, and have another 250 arriving tomorrow from BatteryClearinghouse. I've got all the components coming for a TP4056 based charging system and HW-586 discharge testing system to handle 40 cells at a time while cycling a few samples on my Nitecore D4. The initial couple looks promising.

In addition, when the weather cooperatesI'm in the process of constructing a grid tie 15kw fixed ground mount solar system using unbroken salvage panels, welded steel tube framework and a pair of SMA Sunnyboy 7.7's.

Living out in the country,something few people consciously realize is that we're the first to lose power during a major event and the last to get it restored. The electric companies will always fix the lines with higher customer-density first and leave the rest of us to twist in the wind.

My goal with this 18650 project is to build a man-portable power pack on a hand truck, cart or small axle, complete with 1500/3000w inverter, BMS and cell-level fusing to run home refrigeration loads and essentials during a prolonged outage, as well as corded tools, etc periodically.

I am open to any and all advice and suggestions!

Welcome
sounds good The batteries from both batteryhookup and Batteryclearinghouse are great for the most part.. I have bought from both places, Right now I am testing some from batteryclearinghouse (the purple LGGBM261865) min of 2500 mAh quite a few at 2600 +.
later floyd

Welcome! 15kw... would be 50'ish panels, a pretty good size array! That would be on the order of 20mega watts per year - fun fun!. Looking forward to seeing a pic. My own ground mount is a modest 2 high x 10 wide (20 panels) made of 2" galvanized pipe and universal struts - really a fun project except for digging the holes (by hand) for concrete/ballast for vertical pipes.

Welcome

OffGridInTheCity said:
Welcome! 15kw... would be 50'ish panels, a pretty good size array! That would be on the order of 20mega watts per year - fun fun!. Looking forward to seeing a pic. My own ground mount is a modest 2 high x 10 wide (20 panels) made of 2" galvanized pipe and universal struts - really a fun project except for digging the holes (by hand) for concrete/ballast for vertical pipes.

Right on, 60 260w panels, 6 strings of 10 on arrays 2 high vertical and 10 wide just like you! Welded-in-place2" 14ga galvanized square tube (my brother is an engineer at a local tube factory!). I do, however, have a post hole auger on the tractor, cement mixer and a Ditch Witch trencher. Conveniently everything is right beside the meter as well. NREL estimate 23Mwh/year. Work is paused waiting for the ground to dry and I work 48hrs/wk in town.

Back