Batrium Documentation Frustration

slimf

Is it just me or is Batriums documentation painful and fragmented?

For example, there doesnt appear to be a single spec sheet that tells us what we need to know as far as device inputs/outputs and limitations. Ie voltage/current etc. Im also confused at weather some of them will supply power to a device or if they are relays only?

Practical example: will any of the outputs allow me to trip a shunt or power a fan? If so what volatages and current limits will the outputs supply?

My guess is they are ALL just a relay type output - no power supplied. But what are the differences and limitations between the onboard A & B outputs on WM5 vs the expansion board 2 options.

There are bits mentioned here and there but nothing complete and in one place.

Im still trying to determine the differences between the available expansion boards.

I would have thought a detailed spec sheet would be the first thing they published?

The expansion board data sheet is out of date - it contains details for v1, but not v2. I cant find ANY real
Specs on this!

The link to WM5 product details (on the WM5 product page) is a 404.

Arrhhh

Agree - but after many years and many products like this, my angst is more of a wistful lament for 'the old days' when documentation was a priority. :)

Fortunately there are great youtubes from @Daromer, @HBPowerwall, @AverageJoe,@LithiumSolar+ this forum is a great resource to get pretty good info onspecifics.

Perhaps you could you detail what would help you and you'll probably get some helpful responses. I've been using Batrium WM4+Expansion for over a year now and have learned a little bit - happy to share if it will help.

Thanks -

Specifically what are the specs on the outputs on WM5 and expansion 2.

Yep, i would agree its fragmented, took a little while to gather enough information to start the wiring process!

I was directed to the typical wiring document for a support issue previously (https://support.batrium.com/article/268-typical-wiring-diagrams-watchmonplus), there's fusing at 3A across the supply lines.

In the video regarding connecting a fan (https://support.batrium.com/article/206-connect-fan-watchmon4) at the 9:21 mark it mentions that the max amps is 3A if powered from the Watchmon expansion board.

Also found this video helpful from HBPowerwall (
) at the 3:09 mark you'll see he's also shown you how he's wired up his shunt-trip.

Yeah, thanks - No wonder i'm frustrated. :)

The expansion board and WM5 has lots of different outputs - Mosfet, relay etc and they all have different capabilities.. Its madness that someone needs to troll through hours of video to find simple answers that a simple one page data sheet could give.

The example wiring diagram says 'be careful of inrush currents' without actually specifying any current or voltage limits. It has a typical diagram with 3A fuse, but doesn't really expand on that.

The video - this says the expansion board has a max of 3A - What about inrush? What about the main board?

Hopefully someone at Batrium sees this and can write a single page spec sheet detailing all the specs - And details each output - summarizing its type, how it works and its limitations.

For example:

WM5:

Output A: Type: Type: Blah, Voltage Max: Blah, Current: Blah, inrush: blah
Output B: Type: Blah, Voltage Max: Blah, Current: Blah, inrush: blah
etc
Expansion Board 2:

Output Blah: Type: Blah, Voltage Max: Blah, Current: Blah, inrush: blah
etc

Slimf: The link to WM5 product details (on the WM5 product page) is a 404.
Have you sent in this information to their support to correct it?

Ive emailed support twice before without reply. I gave up.

Hey Folks - while we have a Batrium thread open... What exactly does thatorange segment on top of blue cell voltage mean. Does this indicate that the cell is charging? or the voltage is varying a bit?

image_knrbby.jpg

Vidually showing that the value change. More representativt k think batrium Said.

Question came Up in the beginning :)

I WISH ..... This Forum would make a STICKY or TREAD for the Batrium.
I know I know ..... We Have a BMS Forum that is open to all BMS Q and A

That is not where I'm going with this .....
Have a Q and A Tread that Batrium could read and respond too or a person that Batrium has appointed to read and help that knows the product.
With any tread it can run off the rails. . . . ( go off topic )This would need to be clean of non relative post in each tread.

Have a Spec and Update Tread that Batruim could post any Updates to there products. This wouldbe a good place to have a spec sheet based on firmware and Hardware. Just as Hardware changes the firmware can change as well.

Not saying this would be easy !!!!!! But the info that could be posted would help people with there Batrium products. For Batrium this would be a way of showing what the product does and can be done with any and all the add-on products and firmware updates. This will help Batrium . . . Batrium Users and those thinking of getting the Batrium products.

I know it would help me PICK !!!! As I still need a BMS
Let me also say even with the lack of info .... I was thinking Batrium for my system ....
I own a stair company. I do all the Auto-Cad and HSM - CAM ... I also do sales and work in the shop... I understand the term ... You have to wear many hats.
I think Batrium is going through just that. Man power to do it ... and the cash flow .... This is just how it works for small companies... This is also why I thing this forum could be an outlet for them to help with there products.

Just my thoughts !

This forum is not for Batrium as a company as such. Their documentation is located on their website and should be in such a way. Having documentation or QA in multiple places is not doable.

Batrium and others are more than welcome to post about updates and Batrium do put updates here when they push something out :)

Back