Pack discharge testing

sparkgap

Am almost done testing all cells that I need for my 14s120p setup; Hopefully I canstart assembly of the packs soon :) I have 2 chargers that can handle enough current to charge the packs, so I have got that part covered.But I needto do some discharge testing as well, the ISDT T8charger supports this but only at 5 ampswhich will take forever...
I would prefer to useexternal power resistors together with a device that keeps track of the Ah andhas a low voltage cutoff, any ideas ? What do you use ? Need :idea:

To capacity check my entire pack I hooked up a load and let it run until the BMS cutoff kicked in and then I looked at how much power my Victron BMV recorded leaving the pack. I have a small 15s34p pack that is around 3.5kwh and I used a 500w and 1000w load to test it. The most my pack will have to run is about 1000w as it is a small emergency load pack primarily.

I don't know if this is the best way but it gave me a good idea of usable capacity with how I have it configured. I used the inverter output to test as that is how I will use the pack.

Back