Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bms for 16s
Cool.  Here's a quick sampling of good Batrium WM4 hookup youtubes....     Just search "Batrium" at these sites to get a full listing Smile
@Daromer - Basic - https://youtu.be/N2P61GpqaTM  and Advanced Balancing -  https://youtu.be/qNNffhusbXQ
@AveRage Joe -  Longmons - https://youtu.be/qNNffhusbXQ    (and has full install youtubes)
@HBPowerwall - many, many youtubes
Thanks for those links , watched them all.

Came across a 94ah bmw i3 battery 33kwh that I couldn’t resist . It was listed wrongly as a 60ah but I worked out from the vin number the mistake. Got it for the bargain price of £2600 . I’m very pleased ? but my wife is not so happy ?

Was incredibly difficult to get in my office at over 300kg !!

So now my packs are going to be 12s 44v 8 of them.

Have you come across this bms ?
Emus centralized ccgm. And emus G1 bms

Any opinions? I’ve been in contact with them and they seem quite helpful.

A few pictures , not sure if I’m allowed to link here

I’ve pretty pretty much narrowed down to this or batrium
But to be honest I’m probably not going to try to rewire this battery. I’ll either use this system which seem to need 8 modules or I’ll just pay the price and use 96 longmons

I’m still waiting for a price from them so not even sure if it’s more or less than batrium but does seem simpler for my packs.

Grateful for any opinions ?
Don't know anything about this BMS - maybe someone else will have some info.   Enthusiasm (for Batrium in my case) can come across as pushing a solution - but that's not the intent on this forum.  The intent is to share info which in turn helps us all find solutions.   Whatever you choose - choose it for your own reasons and if it works for you (and is safe) then that's what matters AND of course, please share how it worked out Smile
Appreciate it.
Batrium seems a bit more common and maybe therefore there is a bit more knowledge and help out there in the form of videos etc

I certainly will report back when I get somewhere Smile

Just having trouble making the initial decision as it’s quite a lot of money to drop...
Hello,

If you have the full pack BMW i3, including bms cable + csc slaves on each module, you could think of using the SIMPbms

SIMPbms info can be found here: manual 

It will work with GX-device and inverter/charges from Victron via can control

excellent kit
check this:

Carel
Patalhetas likes this post
pro-LOX, Carel Hassink, 
Obdam, Netherlands
36Kw ESS, 320 Yuasa LEV40 cells
14.2Kwp Ciggs solar panels, 2 Goodwe 3phase inverters
SMA SI 8.0 single phase + controls, REC BMS

second life ev/phev li-on batteries
follow me on facebook.com/Carel1956
Hi Carel,

That looks very interesting.

I’m assuming the pack has everything with it, I haven’t opened it up yet though.

I had a read through the manual but I may need to read it through a couple more times Smile

Can I ask how you wired the packs ? Do you simply parallel them for 44.4v ?

I have been looking at the following inverter

MultiPlus-II GX Inverter/Charger
48/5000/70-50 GX

So that may work well. How difficult would you say setup is. Are you associated with SIMPbms ?

Would it be o.k to message you privately ?

Cheers
Andy
Hi, OK send me an e-mail or via FB messenger
pro-LOX, Carel Hassink, 
Obdam, Netherlands
36Kw ESS, 320 Yuasa LEV40 cells
14.2Kwp Ciggs solar panels, 2 Goodwe 3phase inverters
SMA SI 8.0 single phase + controls, REC BMS

second life ev/phev li-on batteries
follow me on facebook.com/Carel1956