Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tin solder
What is your preferred solder?
I've bought 3 on aliexpress and two local.
All 5 had different characteristics.
What would be your coise?

Thanks in advance
I use Kester 24-6337-0027 Solder Roll, Core Size 66, 63/37 Alloy - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KWD...UTF8&psc=1
I don't need to prepare or flux or anything - just solder directly with 100w iron.   My oldest packs are 3yrs  and the solder has not corroded or caused any long term issues.
Use 60/40 rosin core based standard solder. I use 300W high perf soldering pen with heavy duty copper tip. It makes sure i only need 1 second to solder and nothing else.
100+watt is generally needed and a tip that have big mass. I dont buy tin on ébay like sites. Thats something i buy from proper vendors so i get proper stuff! Its such a difference.

You should never have to grind on the cells.

I have done videos showing how easy it should be to solder. Heat, tinn and then it flows directly.
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
Here's a good run down of solder types:

And flux

100kwh-hunter likes this post
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)