Review of Solar installation

donnib

Hi,
I am planning to make following installation (i am based in Denmark).

At the moment i am in doubt about the RCBO if they are required both on the AC IN and AC OUT 1 on the inverter, i am trying to figure that out but i'd like input on anything you see that you think looks suspicious or have more questions. I need to have a dialog so i can make sure i got everything right from start before i start.

Status now :
- BMS modules build and tested
- Batteries are charged
- Need to buy the victron equipment
- Need to buy all the circuit breakers, terminal blocks, boxes, cables etc

So shoot any feedback you may have.

/donnib

image_aiwjuc.jpg

Looks nice :)
Don't think you should have RCBO type breakers on the input to the inverter, they will often trip there.
Input side normal breaker yes, RCBO type no. Output side RCBO= yes like "normal" mains switchboard.
Did you figure out cable losses from the array to the MPPT's?

Redpacket said:
Looks nice :)
Don't think you should have RCBO type breakers on the input to the inverter, they will often trip there.
Input side normal breaker yes, RCBO type no. Output side RCBO= yes like "normal" mains switchboard.
Did you figure out cable losses from the array to the MPPT's?

Thank you for your answer ;)

Well yes from the calculations we did together i would say it should be around 67W loss the way shown in the diagram by doing multiple splits 7 sets ( 6mm2) then 4 (6mm2) sets then 2 (one 6mm2 and one 10mm2)
sets.

But when Inverter is producing power and sending it out on AC IN will the consumers sitting after the main RCBO you see right to it (in the secondary panel) be protected ? I mean the power will be taken to them from the inverter because it's closest, won't they be unprotected or am i envisioning wrong things here ?

Back