?What BMS for a 50 cells project?

Ayahuashka

Hi, I'm new here and I glad to meet a nice community dedicated to share and informate about tesla powerwalls ^^

I'm working on a project of a DIY powerwall 18560 cells battery with 50 cells of 3000 mAh each one. I want to feed the baterry with my solar panels (homemade too) with diferent voltage each one and I need a charge regulator for that. I need a BMS for the battery and a charge regulator betwin panels and battry too? or with only one of them its fine?

Anyway, my doubt here is what BMS I need to work with that amount of cells?

Sorry for my english :p

Thanks anyway if someone can give any info ;)

You need to BMS to make sure that the battery is kept in balance and that top and bottom voltages is kept within the battery limits.

The charge controller need to be there to make sure that you get proper charging. PWM or MPPT. MPPT is a bit more efficient.

Not sure of what voltage you are going to run so its hard to give you any estimate or examples. Also need to know the max current from and to the battery bank.

daromer said:
You need to BMS to make sure that the battery is kept in balance and that top and bottom voltages is kept within the battery limits.

The charge controller need to be there to make sure that you get proper charging. PWM or MPPT. MPPT is a bit more efficient.

Not sure of what voltage you are going to run so its hard to give you any estimate or examples. Also need to know the max current from and to the battery bank.

Thnks to answer!

I undrstand then that I need the panels conected to a charge controller and this to the bms of the battery, right? Then, if I got multiple blocks of thoose batteries, will have to connect them to the same BMS or need to put a single one for each battery?

The Cells i want to use are this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...71732.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.BKcDoy

(I edited post few times to correct the mah given numer cause initially found a fake one)

Anyway that time seems to be good one.

Ill put them on 50 cell module cause ill build it with a kit:

v ruzend.com/product-category/battery-kits/ (without the space after "v")

The reason is to make it simple for me, and safe.

With the voltage, u mean 12V/24V/36V/48V, Right? And that depends on how the cells are connected I suppose. Whats the right option, if i want the battery to run things like some lights, vents, little frige, eventual tools like welder (f.ex.). . .? I was thinking on lookalike 1500w max power consumption (so a little solar system, ofc this 50 cells module ill not be enought to get it, the idea is to build more and for that I'm asking about connecting more modules on top of this post).

To end ill give a link with a DIY charge controller kit that I was thinking to build in case of I need it (and for what u say i need it xD) Ill be correct for that usage?

components link

-http://tienda.comohacer.eu/es/40-kit-regulador-de-carga-mixto-panel-solar-aerogenerador/

post explaining about the charger building

-http://comohacer.eu/como-hacer-un-regulador-de-carga-mixto-panel-solar-y-aerogenerador/

Well, I think that now i give all the parts to undrstand what i want to do, so if daromer or someonelse can give extended info, I will be really grateful with im too :D

Another time, thnksto answer daromer ! :D

Back