Greetings

What's happening fellow DIY'ers. Ive been building these battery banks for 2 years now and I never knew we had a website! That's because I never read the YouTube comments on any channel and for some reason, I decided to read one today and saw Peter's tag about this site. Super stoked to talk to fellow 18650 enthusiasts because as we all know, it ends up consuming your LIFE! In a good way of course. My other hobby is repairing power inverters so the natural course was to build battery banks to go along with them.

My current setup is a 24V 1000Ah pack, pushing a 6000W Aims inverter.

I get most my packs from a local rummage store (one of those Amazon return-discount-bin-types) but I also buy them new. When I buy them new I use the PK Cell brand and I love them. Very underrated battery...they are great.Turnigy's Quadcore Reaktor does the discharge duties, 24 at a time - 4 sets of 6 in series - at 2A's (2A's is far more realistic than the 1A recommended). However, I am about to build a new charge/ discharge wall out of Arduino Nano's. I want the ability to discharge test 100 cells per hour.

Enough here, I am going toclick around the forum and hopeto make some new acquaintances.

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome m8!

Two amps? it would be nice and fast at least - my max discharge while in use is under 1/4 of an amp per cell so 1 amp works, and also seems to be the 'industry' standard

100 cells an hour? :-o
You're pushing some serious volume there!

Keep it up and feel free to post more about your past, current and future endeavours!

Back