Hi from Brisbane!

Chopstime

Hi from Brisbane, AU!

Hi Pete, you live here too right? That's why I can't find any laptop batteries, lol ;)

I have a long term project of converting a sail boat to electric and using 18650's to power it (with safety as a major concern), this project is a few years away yet! Then I will escape and travel the world at a pleasurable pace...

But in the short term, I would like to learn more about building a testing station and a few battery packs for camping and charging from solar or shore power. I have a website for my work and will document what I do there, but hope to get more information and help from here!

Thanks in advance for answering my stupid questions...

Matt the Sailor.

Welcome to the forum.

How do you charge your cells on your sailing boat.
Solarpanels generator wind turbine?
The last one maybe a cool option you got a lot of wind on the sea.

Lux,

Thanks for the welcome!

I will be using solar panels and wind turbine - also checking out thin film solar for the sails and hydro generators. Would like to avoid any form of gas, except the wind variety ;) Still working it all out. I have around 4 years before I am ready to go so no big rush :)

Love to know if your in BCC and what they think of the turbine, been told I'm not aloud to have one here...

I'm not in BCC but the turbine is for a boat so prob unrelated to to a larger house one.

Back