Sanyo UR18650Y Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Sanyo
Model:UR18650Y
Capacity:2000mAh Rated
Voltage:3.70V Nominal
Charging:4.20V Maximum
1330mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
Discharging:2.50V Cutoff
--- mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
Description:Red Cell Wrapper
Green (Light) Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
http://www.hkforceful.com/pdf/4/UR18650Y.pdf

Pictures:

image_otfirb.jpg

image_qnrjyr.jpg

Hello.

This is my first post to the forum, so please redirect me to the correct place if I messed up here..

I was searching through the cell database, and I found the part number of my battery, however I am currently unable to test the specifications using my iMax B6 charger as it is still in post.
I have taken pictures of the side with the model number and '2.0AH' labels.

The label is printed in such a way which makes taking a picture of it very difficult.
It reads as: UR18650Y 2.0AH

I am colourblind, so I am not exactly sure if I am correct when saying the wrap is: Hot-pink
And the ring is clearly: matte-black

The battery has 'Sanyo L' printed above the model number.

I will update this post later if I require more information to be posted about this battery.

https://img.synergyst.club/UR18650Y-bottom.jpg
https://img.synergyst.club/UR18650Y-top.jpg

Welcome!

Sanyo is known for doing this, having very badly readable inscriptions. They usually have red cells, however yours really looks pink, but that may be due to the light. There are pink cells from other manufacturers, but not in this shade of pink. Maybe you can put some other cells side by side with this one and make a picture of them from a bigger distance, with natural light if possible and without the flash on the camera. Just to compare them.

The model number seems to be correct though, so the above datasheet contains all the information about this cell.

DarkRaven said:
Welcome!

Sanyo is known for doing this, having very badly readable inscriptions. They usually have red cells, however yours really looks pink, but that may be due to the light. There are pink cells from other manufacturers, but not in this shade of pink. Maybe you can put some other cells side by side with this one and make a picture of them from a bigger distance, with natural light if possible and without the flash on the camera. Just to compare them.

The model number seems to be correct though, so the above datasheet contains all the information about this cell.

Hello.

I will need to wait before I do that..
I'm just getting into this whole thing and I have been asking around for packs before I go out and buy a bunch myself.
I'll update this post later once I get some more batteries from other manufacturers that I can upload in better lighting environments alongside the ones I linked above.

I took these 18650's out of an older Sony Vaio battery pack(official, however the model number of that pack is long gone into the recycling bin), if you're curious of the origin.

Kind regards.

... I took these 18650's out of an older Sony Vaio battery pack...

Hahaha, I'd love to have been in the boardroom meeting at Sony Computers when they decided to go with Sanyo cells instead of Sony cells.

SimonW said:
... I took these 18650's out of an older Sony Vaio battery pack...

Hahaha, I'd love to have been in the boardroom meeting at Sony Computers when they decided to go with Sanyo cells instead of Sony cells.

I know right?

I was telling some friends about how strange it was that they used Sanyo batteries in a Sony labelled pack.
Perhaps it was a decision to partner with them since it was from a budget laptop.

Meh, who knows!

Typical capacity of this cell is 2000mAh; thats whats written on a battery full of these, also.

image_lqgklx.jpg
mike said:
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

1330mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
--- mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
https://na.industrial.panasonic.com/sites/default/pidsa/files/ur18650y.pdf

Pictures:

image_otfirb.jpg

image_qnrjyr.jpg

Sanyo cells are quite confusing. I have 2 sanyo cells with identical model numbers but different appearance. I think the one with the light green ring is fake.
image_mgnhso.jpg

echomaestro said:
image_lqgklx.jpg
mike said:

1330mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
--- mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
https://na.industrial.panasonic.com/sites/default/pidsa/files/ur18650y.pdf

Pictures:

image_otfirb.jpg

image_qnrjyr.jpg

Sanyo cells are quite confusing. I have 2 sanyo cells with identical model numbers but different appearance. I think the one with the light green ring is fake.
image_mgnhso.jpg

no the yellowgreen ring is the more common.
sanyo has purple cells but its more vivid.
those are the 4.35v type.

Back