Panasonic NCR18650B Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Panasonic
Model:NCR18650B
Capacity:3200mAh Rated
Voltage:3.60V Nominal
Charging:4.20V Maximum
1625mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
Discharging:2.50V Cutoff
640mA Standard
6400mA Maximum
Description:Green (Light) Cell Wrapper
White Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
https://na.industrial.panasonic.com/sites/default/pidsa/files/ncr18650b.pdf
https://www.orbtronic.com/content/NCR18650B-Datasheet-Panasonic-Specifications.pdf

Pictures:

image_nvetfp.jpg

image_jtsqjt.jpg

image_oiasok.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla uses 2170's IIRC so not quite the same. I'm guessing it's close but not close enough to warrant going 2170 over 18650.

My zanflare is testing several these at nearly 3500mah...underrated or malfunctioning tester?

MarioDinis said:
Some say, these are those inside Tesla's power packs. is it true?

they do use panasonic brand.

mike said:
xxlawman87xx said:
My zanflare is testing several these at nearly 3500mah...underrated or malfunctioning tester?

Probably underrated. The spec sheet says rated at 3200mAh typical is 3350mah, and "typical" means there are some above it.

Aren't they supposed to be rated at 3400mah?..

Hi all I have tested near 900 hundred of these using liitokala and get a mix 3000 up to 3500mah. I would say that the majority is in the 3200 range. But as these are second hand any thing under 3000mah has been heavily used.

Karl

KBoffGrid said:
Hi all I have tested near 900 hundred of these using liitokala and get a mix 3000 up to 3500mah. I would say that the majority is in the 3200 range. But as these are second hand any thing under 3000mah has been heavily used.

Karl

The LiitoKala is one of the more accurate testers out there and I would trust your experience with these cells.
It would be neat to maybe get an IR reading of some ofthe cells below 3000mAh from the LiitoKala and maybe a couple of the 3500mAh and 3200mAh.
If you happen to have a little time.

See my tester evaluationhttps://secondlifestorage.com/t-LiitoKala-Nitecore-Opus-XTAR-Zanflair-Chargers-Testers
Thanks
Wolf

Has anyone else tested around 3800 mAh @ 500 mA on these? Only three of them but still. I use the Lii-500 as everyone else and several to rule out one particular channel or charger.

I'm looking at buying 1000s of these new and wondering how I could tell they are genuine ?

TIA

NG

hello all, i have almost 150 pcs of these battery. they are good condition most of them has more than 3000mAh capacity. I have issue on some of them. while i testing i recognize that some sort of sound come (like a micro explosion) then it shows no voltage its poles. so i removed seal and check the battery there are no any chips and protection board on top. but i see some videos on youtube, an indian boy put a small screw between top cap and space below it after that it started to work again. I test it its works but i need to know logic behind this. i pushed an sharp object to below of top cap its works again but in some batteries i saw a liquid leaked from top. what kind of protection is this? does anybody know. i dont want to put my project in to danger but batteries has good capacity. i removed them from lenovo and asus laptop batteries.

CID popped don't try to reset them they popped for a reason CID (Current Interrupt Device)
Later floyd

CID popped don't try to reset them they popped for a reason CID (Current Interrupt Device)
Later floyd
What is the idea behind this? How it works? I just charging them with tp4056 with 750mA. Now i have 3 of 139 total like this. I want to create 7s 19p battery remaining batteries. Before grouping them need to be ensure others remains working.

The CID is a safety device, some used18650's well most laptop batteries lead a hard life. The CID is a pressure release valve which when triggered is suppose to render the cell permanently disabled. If the CID popped something went wrong so the cell is not safe to use.
later floyd

Just found 6 of these bad boys in Lenovo 10.8v 72Wh 6700mAh 3s2p
All 6 restored to 3.6v for storage, IR <40 @1khz
The date code reads 1y17 but batterybro doesn't recognize it:confused:

what does 1y17 mean?

Attachments

• ncr18650b date code 2.jpg
    ncr18650b date code 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 372
Back